PDA

View Full Version : Memeber Tool/Services Thread

JMarsa
12-19-2008, 05:41 PM
I saw this on another forum and think it would be great here:

All of us builders face at one point or another during our build with the folowing question - "do I pay some shop to do ________ (insert whatever it is here) or do I buy the tooling and build it myself?"

This question mostly arises when that something requires an expensive tool.

How about a dedicated forum or database of tools/services that members are willing to share. This of course isn't about a 4.5" grinder but tools like tube benders, lathes, mills and other relatively high dollar machinery or special skils.

This will allow forum members to offer some small time services for a few bucks to offset the cost of the tools, while the guys that pay for the service may save a few bucks over going to a shop and know that their hard earned goes to help other forum members.

So, if it sounds like a good idea users should list the following -

1. Your location
2. Tools that you willing to rent/loan
3. Services that you may offer - please note if only locally or shipping is okay, also note if you have certain limitations.

Oh and we'd get to know each others first names. :)

--JMarsa

Finch
12-24-2008, 04:28 PM
I think this is a great idea as long as we keep it more at the friends helping friends level and not turn it into a profit making attempt

I am in my shop here in Nashville most evenings and weekends and my door is always open to lend a hand or just give advice. I have a decent amount of tools and equipment and anyone that stops by is welcome to use them. Would be nice just to have the company.