PDA

View Full Version : Did'nt know where to put this one, but here...

BADVELLE
03-02-2005, 02:00 PM
goes. I was wondering if anyone has ever used the old skool lead filling on frames. I have a few spots that have been ground down and I would like them smooth, but don't want to use any plastic filler. Any ideas? Matt @ RFR, you may have some feedback.

astroracer
03-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Craig,
Use the plastic, it won't hurt a thing and it's a lot lighter then lead. A little filler to smooth over some rough spots is not going to make the P/T GODS look down their noses at you... Honest!
Mark

Bill68fbrd
03-03-2005, 02:51 AM
Also the acid in the fluz will cause rust. 2pot prime under the plastic.

Bill

BADVELLE
03-03-2005, 04:47 AM
Thanks for the reassurance guys.

astroracer
03-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Do as Bill suggested but I would recommend getting the whole cradle into epoxy primer, do your "finish" work, and then hit it with some primer/surfacer to get it ready for topcoat...
Use a good polyester putty and you won't have any problems.
Mark

BADVELLE
03-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Do as Bill suggested but I would recommend getting the whole cradle into epoxy primer, do your "finish" work, and then hit it with some primer/surfacer to get it ready for topcoat...
Use a good polyester putty and you won't have any problems.
Mark

Thanks again Mark. This site never seizes to amaze me with all the knowledge.

Matt@RFR
03-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Craig, I have no imput since body work sends me into violent convulsions :) . Are you happy with the answers given? If not, I can move this to the body forum and you'll probably get more action there.