PDA

View Full Version : best four post lift ????

bret loibl
12-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Hey out there ...who has the best (quality & price) four post lift out there...Also i have seen prices from 1700 to 3800 and everyone tells you their lift is the best some of the lifts have bearings and some have bushings etc. etc any one have any thoughts or comments...thanks for your time Bret [email protected]

Restomod
12-17-2008, 06:16 PM
From what I have seen and read Bendpak is the way to go......Thats what I will buy when I get one.

Taylor1969
12-17-2008, 07:51 PM
my dad bought an Eagle I think (off of Ebay actually)

It has served us well for the past three years or so.

tumper93
12-19-2008, 12:47 PM
We use Forward at work and they never give us problems, pumps and motors never get replaced except on one and this has been over 10 years so they last a long time, especially if used at home

SD67
02-29-2020, 08:48 PM
Bringing this back up, will be buying a 4 post lift for my home garage. Any other recommendations?

Mr Nick
03-01-2020, 06:42 AM
I had a 4 post Direct lift installed in my home garage recently. I went with an authorized seller & installer. I was considering installing it myself, but after watching 2 experienced guys do it, I'm glad I paid for installation.

Mine is a 110v version, and my only complaint is it's a little slow, about 2 minutes for full lift height. For me, this is primarily for parking and projects on the Cutlass, and oil changes and general maintenance on the daily drivers. Good news is, if I ever run 220v to the garage I can simply swap out the motor & pump and lift time is cut in about half. My garage is a double deep 2 car layout, so I had the ceiling in the back half raised and I insulated and finished it myself.

It's very stable, I was concerned about that since it's an "inexpensive" unit, but I don't see any quality issues with it. I plan on adding a rolling jack bridge and LED uplights as well.

Any questions I'd be glad to help if I can.

dhutton
03-01-2020, 10:35 AM
I have two Direct Lifts. One like above and a heavier wider taller version. Both work great, no issues.

Don

pittpens24
03-04-2020, 05:39 AM
Are you using it for storage or wanting to work on your car? 2 post is the way to go if doing any maintenance. I have a Bendpak Grandprix series and absolutely love it

SD67
03-04-2020, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the responses. I need it for both storage and maintenance. Living in San Diego lot sizes are small and I don't have room for a 3 car garage so, the Camaro needs to go on top. I have read that the two post versions seem to be preferable for maintenance but most of the 4 posts have built in jack capabilities to remove wheels, do brakes, etc.

Mr Nick
03-05-2020, 04:34 PM
Keep in mind that for a two post lift to you be installed, you need thicker concrete than most homes are normally built with. A four post lift can sit on a normal concrete garage floor.

SD67
03-05-2020, 10:45 PM
Thanks, we will be pouring a new slab, another good reason to go with the 4 post, seems safer too.

Mkelcy
03-05-2020, 10:58 PM
If you're doing a build, I would strongly suggest a 2 post - bigger PITA to load the car - vastly great access to the under side. If you're done building, then a 4 post with a bridge jack, easy for loading, normal maintenance and storage, lousy access to suspension.

Alwhite00
03-06-2020, 05:25 PM
I had a 4 post Direct lift installed in my home garage recently. I went with an authorized seller & installer. I was considering installing it myself, but after watching 2 experienced guys do it, I'm glad I paid for installation.

Mine is a 110v version, and my only complaint is it's a little slow, about 2 minutes for full lift height. For me, this is primarily for parking and projects on the Cutlass, and oil changes and general maintenance on the daily drivers. Good news is, if I ever run 220v to the garage I can simply swap out the motor & pump and lift time is cut in about half. My garage is a double deep 2 car layout, so I had the ceiling in the back half raised and I insulated and finished it myself.

It's very stable, I was concerned about that since it's an "inexpensive" unit, but I don't see any quality issues with it. I plan on adding a rolling jack bridge and LED uplights as well.

Any questions I'd be glad to help if I can.

nice lift. Did you put the rear spoiler on your 300? If so, what brand is it?

SD67
03-06-2020, 11:48 PM
If you're doing a build, I would strongly suggest a 2 post - bigger PITA to load the car - vastly great access to the under side. If you're done building, then a 4 post with a bridge jack, easy for loading, normal maintenance and storage, lousy access to suspension.

The build will be "done" once I get it back, but there will always be things to tinker with. Leaning towards the 4 post.

dhutton
03-07-2020, 06:41 AM
I have two and four post lifts. My two post gets used daily. The four posts are used for storage and once in a while if I need to check driveline angles etc at ride height. Even doing a simple brake job on a four post lift is a PITA imho....

Two post lifts are for serious car building. Four posts for maintenance and storage. Imho....

Don

Mr Nick
03-09-2020, 05:40 AM
nice lift. Did you put the rear spoiler on your 300? If so, what brand is it?

Thank you. It's a factory spoiler for the 300S model.

srode
04-03-2020, 01:38 AM
I have an Atlas lift, though it looks identical to the direct lift above so probably just a different label on the same equipment. Works great for me. I use it primarily for storage but doing a floorboard installation on it now. I have two sliding jacks and a jack bridge on it which is very convenient.