PDA

View Full Version : first gen front spoiler

CliffS
03-02-2005, 10:22 AM
I am looking for pics of the install/mounting of a standard 67-69 Camaro/Firebird front spoiler. How to mount these spoilers the best way?
Thanks
Cliff

CliffS
03-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Nobody?

studehdtp53
03-07-2005, 04:24 PM
I took some pictures but they are too dark to really see. The front spoiler is pretty straight forward and not very hard to mount. It uses the two bolts in the middle of the bumper panel and one on each end for a total of 4 bolts. Than you should have 3 braces ( one on each end and one in the middle ) these are important as it keeps the spoiler from flexing.

CliffS
03-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Thanks Stude. It is a pretty straight forward job. But it's the two outward braces making me ask. It takes too much bending the spoiler to attach the braces to the sheetmetal.

studehdtp53
03-08-2005, 03:19 AM
Where did you get the spoiler? The first one I put on had a slick finish on both sides and I needed to do some tweaking to get it on. I didn't like the finish and warped it when putting a different finish with a heat lamp too close *#*&. The new one had a matt finish that is much better and it fit without tweaking. These were bought within a 6 month period and was made by the same manufacture so maybe the newer ones are better.

CliffS
03-08-2005, 04:06 AM
I bought it like a year ago from Classic Industries, an oem product. The spoiler is on the car exept for the braces, I will take a closer look and do some tweaking...