PDA

View Full Version : The "F2" From Budnik

Budnik Wheels
03-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Wanted to post this wheel here for you guys. It's a new wheel called the "F2" (sequal to the Famosa). Differences between the Famosa and this wheel is the ball mill work around the windows of the spoke. On this particular wheel, the windows are done in a brushed finish. Wheel is available in 15"-22" in custom width's and offsets, can can be clear-coated, or powder coated as well.

Enjoy,

TonyL
03-02-2005, 10:09 AM
I like the ball mill work on it. but not the cap, I dont think it blends well with the spokes. maybe its just me.

I've been meaning to ask you, cause my dad is crazy and has had rims like these forever and wants you guys to "update" them.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
any chance? I mean at one point these were more popular than torque thrusts. EVERYONE ran them. now they are just gone. and noone makes a good update for em.

Budnik Wheels
03-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Tony,
You can run a "smoothie" hex nut, and a smooth cover plate on this wheel as well, which would probably be more to your liking since you do not like the center cap now.

For that wheel, I'd go Famosa Dish, or Fueler. Keep in mind, when you go small diameter wheel, the design shrinks so the windows of the wheel will get smaller to look similiar to that picture you posted.

TonyL
03-02-2005, 11:35 AM
the thing that no wheel manufacturer has captured about that wheel is the soup-bowl dish. your fueler and famosa wheels have a inverted dish, that is the opposite of the dish he's looking for. There are plenty offering kidney bean shaped holes in the rim, but until someone offeres the dish he's after he's not buying. Just one of my many wheel design ideas i have floating around. (wish I had cad skills.) the halibrand "sprint" wheel is closest. but the rectangular windows make it a "halibrand wheel" someone needs to do that wheel with rounder kidney bean holes.

Budnik Wheels
03-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Tony, I think you haven't seen our Famosa Dish or Fontana Dish wheels?
They do just that, concave in to the vehicle, for that "soup bowl" like profile. Detroit Speed has the Famosa Dish on their Twister Camaro...

the thing that no wheel manufacturer has captured about that wheel is the soup-bowl dish. your fueler and famosa wheels have a inverted dish, that is the opposite of the dish he's looking for. There are plenty offering kidney bean shaped holes in the rim, but until someone offeres the dish he's after he's not buying. Just one of my many wheel design ideas i have floating around. (wish I had cad skills.) the halibrand "sprint" wheel is closest. but the rectangular windows make it a "halibrand wheel" someone needs to do that wheel with rounder kidney bean holes.

TonyL
03-02-2005, 04:59 PM
:pat: :pat:

D'oh. You're right. The dish is there, just not the kidney bean holes im looking for. the famosas are close though.

BRIAN
03-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Tony this will be my last post here. Long Story. Anyway look at newstalgiawheel.com They carry the new Ansen made by AR in 15 and 17" Good luck!! Brian

Derek69SS
03-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Jon, if someone were to come up with a wheel design, how would they go about getting them produced? and what type of compensation could one expect if the design were mass-produced? :) Free wheels maybe? :bananna2:

I've been looking, and just can't find anything that has the exact look I want (closest thing would be the AR "Hopster")

I'm an artist and a CAD Drafter,:geek: so I think I can put together a pretty good design of what I want.