PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a VFN fiberglass body?

PT Goat
03-02-2005, 08:58 AM
After many months of looking at rusty projects, I have dreams of using VFN's fiberglass 1964 GTO body as the basis for my PT car. I was really enthused about the idea of a fiberglass body until I saw the last few episodes of American Hot Rod, where Boyd Coddington had to deal with an aftermarket '63 Vette body that would not hold its shape. It also would not accept most anything factory, like doors, glass, trim, etc. Year One did a PT Chevy II that was fiberglass, and the show did not mention the same problems.

My question: is a fiberglass body a realistic option for a real-world (meaning not six-figure) PT car? Or would I just be complicating things?

Has anyone used a VFN viberglass body, and could you comment on the quality?

MarkM66
03-02-2005, 08:59 AM
wrong topic sorry, :smoke:

PT Goat
03-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Here's a link to a picture of the VFN '64: http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/64gtobodypackage.jpg

PT Goat
03-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Anyone? I need to get this project off the ground!

vette rod
03-08-2005, 10:46 PM
It is a ton of work and a ton of $$$$. If the body is a good piece you will have a great finished product. So it depends on the body and how rough it is. If the body is meant for a race car and you want it to look show quality, well ???? We use bodys made to specific specs so they come out looking like they should. So to sumit up it depends on the application of the body and what you want. Good luck