PDA

View Full Version : Undercoating Removal Made Easy

JoshStratton
03-02-2005, 08:34 AM
I found this on another forum....the guy really hit the jackpot on this one. Thought someone here might need it.

http://www.svend.net/mustang/ww73/ww73.html

Flyboy
03-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Wow! Beautiful results! Good looking out man. I think I will have to pick up some of this stuff when it comes time for me to start on the underbody of my 67.

rocketrod
03-02-2005, 08:54 PM
You may also want to try Mr. Muscle oven cleaner. It costs about $3 a can. It will take between 4-8 cans depending upon the condition of your floorpans. Spray it on let it sit, longer the better, then powerwash it off. Just be sure to wear goggles, gloves, long sleeve shirt, etc.

Duesey
03-07-2005, 04:35 AM
If you have good ventilation a torch and a puddy knife work fast also. Once heated the undercoat will peel right off.

Restomod
03-13-2005, 05:05 AM
WOW that is GREAT!! Bookmark that .........

navyflyer72
03-13-2005, 08:08 PM
My 67 f-body just got the POR-15 treatment on the underbody also. I spent what seemed like months under there scraping and inhaling all sorts of cleaners. That was until I tried the oven cleaner, let it sit overnight and hit it with a putty knife, thick areas I hit with a heat gun and putty scraper and before prepping for the POR-15 I went over the areas that needed touched up with a wire brush attachment on a drill. Turned out great, wish I had heard about the oven cleaner trick a few months back. At any rate, I did the entire underbody like this and painted it all with POR-15, as soon as I learn how to reduce picture sizes I will post a few shots. Anyone out there know how???

JoshStratton
03-13-2005, 08:18 PM
...as soon as I learn how to reduce picture sizes I will post a few shots. Anyone out there know how???

You can adjust the pics with MS Paint under Accessories (If you use Windows)

1. In the menu at the top, go to "Image" then "Stretch/Skew"
2. Under "Stretch", adjust accordingly. To lower the size, make it less than 100. I usually do 75 horizontally and 75 vertically at a time to lower it to a smaller size. It may need adjusting more depending on the size, but you probably get the picture(lol...no pun intended).
3. You might want to save the pic under a different name to be sure you don't lose the originals.

Can't wait to see the pics. Let me know if you have any questions about reducing this way.