PDA

View Full Version : Which DFI to use?

Rallye455
12-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I have an Olds 455 that has been converted to EFI with Accel injectors and an Accel TPI style throttle body. Car is for street/strip but I dont plan to race alot so I dont need something with all the bells and whistles. What would be a good DFI system to use to control the fuel and timing? Anything to avoid?

Karch
12-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Megasquirt

DeltaT
12-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Holley 950 Pro w/wideband. Available w/harness for a reasonable price, lots of support in the EFI forum at ChevyTalk.com.
Summit has best price.

Jim

Hammered
12-13-2008, 08:20 PM
I would get something that has good local support. The megasquirt board is very active so you might find a neighbor there. The Holley is good too. I think their instructions are worth reading even if you don't buy their unit.

I'm running Accel Gen7

thedodgeboys
03-17-2009, 06:23 PM
AEM on my 6.1 hemi

eddiep
03-22-2009, 07:22 AM
I had the FAST system on a previous car and loved it, now I'm running an Accel Gen 7+. I'd recommend either system in a heartbeat. Also heard very good things about BigStuff3 units, but I don't have any first hand experience with them.

MonzaRacer
03-29-2009, 11:59 AM
For the cash you just cant beat the open source of the Megasquirt.
And its so adaptable to different parts.
AND if you build the kit form you learn how to build and test it and fix it breaks. If your unable to do it then you local electronics techs can fix it. OH and you use simple laptop/net book to program it and the stimulator lets you test its operation.
FAST and Big Stuff work they are super expensive versus the Megasquirt II and as the GPIO board comes out trans control will be able to do also as the newer version has a CAN chip.

Chevy
03-30-2009, 06:34 PM
I am also using Holley commander 950, easy to use, good instructions, very good support. Lots of good tunes you can download so you are pretty close right out of the box. I'm also running wide band O2.

Good luck,
Paul