PDA

View Full Version : Brake swaps (again, sorry)

scmcac
12-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Already having a 96 Formula donor car for my 69 Camaro I am wanting info on what all I can swap over. I tried the fuel tank (not) engine and trans going in, and now brakes seeing how the rear end swap seems to difficult I would like to use all 4 if possible. Thanks

derekf
12-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Rear end on that Formula isn't that stout anyway.

Rear brakes bolt up. Not so sure about fronts -- I've not looked for brackets for that.

Apogee
12-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Fronts use heavy, cast iron, single-piston calipers...not a hot setup at all. You're much better off going a different direction up front or sticking with OE discs if your car is so equipped. The LT1 rears work well with most C4/C5/C6 front kits if you're looking for a performance upgrade over the OE's.

Tobin
KORE3

69LT1Nova
12-12-2008, 10:26 AM
FYI - Tobin, your website isn't working correctly. If you try to view your product page, you get the following error message: Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /var/www/html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php on line 14
You need to set your database connection in vsadmin/db_conn_open.php.

Apogee
12-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up...our host is aware of the situation if not able to fix it. Not sure what the deal is yet, but it's being worked on. If there's anything I can help with, please don't hesitate to call.

Tobin
KORE3

scmcac
12-13-2008, 12:13 PM
thanks for the info