PDA

View Full Version : Headers by Ed? - for 68 Camaro

ItsA68
03-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Anyone have any experience with Headers by Ed headers? I got their info pack from them today, and there's a lot to look through, but a couple of thumbs ups from people that already have them would mean more. They are very $PROUD$ of their headers, and I don't have a problem with that if they're as good as they say. Seems like there's a long line to get a set as well. I had hooker super comps in 1 3/4" on my 69, and they fit just OK, and blew gaskets every 6 months. Opinions officially solicited!

Thanks,

~~fred

JamesD
03-03-2005, 02:05 PM
there is a guy on here who has a 1967 camaro with an all aluminum, big block, i believe the story is that he had some hooker super comps on there but they fit terrible and he had to clearence one of the pipe to clear the steering box, then he got some headers by ed and they fit great. i'll see if i an dig up his name.

streetk14
03-03-2005, 09:08 PM
Fred, a few years ago a good friend of mine almost bought a set of headers from them. They were ridiculously expensive, and like you said, there was quite a wait. This was a custom application (68 firebird with ram air style edelbrock heads). No company made them at the time for that chassis and cylinder head. He got lucky when he gave a call to Doug Thorley, who has a new company called Doug's headers. My friend drove his car to Doug's shop in the LA area and he used the firebird to design the headers. In exchange he got a hell of a deal on the headers, which make my hooker super comps look like garbage. Anyway, you might want to check out Doug's headers (www.dougsheaders.com) before you get head by Ed. :icon_razz
-Andy

ProdigyCustoms
03-04-2005, 03:51 AM
My header chioces in reverse order, favorite to least

Lemons steped, The best, most HP, best fit, $1000
Stahl's, Jerry still remebers how to make a header. $750?
Hooker Super Comps Still a good header for the money $550

if you are going to step up, step up to Lemons, I do not know anyone disappointed with Lemons.

Tiger
03-04-2005, 04:42 AM
just poppin in,

are the lemons stainless???

André