PDA

View Full Version : Need pic of windshield washer nozzle installed

skeeters65
12-10-2008, 05:44 AM
Looking for pics of the nozzles installed on a 69 Camaro..
Without the cowl installed..

Trying to get the cowl buttoned up this morning..

Thanks

skeeters65
12-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Help..

At least a good description of how they mount??

Thanks

mikey
12-10-2008, 09:30 PM
I'll try and get you some pis may be sat. though gets to dark before I get home.

Jim Nilsen
12-11-2008, 02:14 AM
There is a slot that is rectangular and an indent on the cowl,the flat tab goes under the cowl and the metal tab is sanwiched inbetween the cowl sheetmetal and the screw. The nozzle has a round hole end and a flattened end. The flattened end goes on the top pointing thru the cowl vent and the round hole points down into the engine compartment next to the firewall and it is held it by a sheetmetal scew that is about 1/4" long and 1/4" in dia. and has a hex head that is either 5/15 or 3/8 with a slot in it or without depending on the moment of inventory on the floor at the moment.

Hope that helps

skeeters65
12-11-2008, 05:52 AM
So the ends of the nozzles just hang off of the firewall?? Looks ugly!!

Is there a clip of some sort that goes in the big hole where the nozzle mounts??

MuscleRodz
12-11-2008, 08:12 AM
They attach to the slot in the wiper cowl, they do not attach to the firewall.

Jim Nilsen
12-11-2008, 06:15 PM
You also have to attach UGLY hose to it and it attaches to an UGLY bottle of fluid that weighs your car down too along with it might not match the color of everything unless you have a Pink Camaro and get the Pink fluid or Blue fluid for a Blue car .

Your not supposed to dwell on things that are functional as ugly. You would never put wiring on your car for fuel injection if you hated UGLY wiring.

You can go to a lot of work to make the nozzles hidden if you like. There are many new nozzles to pick from over the last 40 years since the invention of the ones you are looking at.

You will however have to get smarter than the washer nozzle to do it!
:secret:

Jim Nilsen
12-11-2008, 06:25 PM
So the ends of the nozzles just hang off of the firewall?? Looks ugly!!

Is there a clip of some sort that goes in the big hole where the nozzle mounts??

On the edge of the firewall at the top are 2 dented areas. They have a 1/2' X 1/4" slot/rectangular holes next to a 3/16" hole. There are 2 of them on the horizontal/flat area of the cowl/firewall.The flat tab of the nozzle goes in the rectangular hole under the hole and the screw goes in from the top sandwiching the cowl sheetmetal in between. When the painted cowl of the car goes on it will go over them somewhat.

You need wipers and washers to be legal for inspections if you have them in your state. Most of the time you can run without them and not be any more guilty than forgetting to put fluid in them when you can't see the road from grime.

As far as the ugly goes, I still always try to look the other way when I see ugly since looking at it too long makes me guilty of admiring it :lmao:

Close the hood and walk away from the car and admire the beauty that is skin deep !!