PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Vintage air systems

Pro-touring towncar
08-21-2004, 09:53 PM
In search for a cleaner engine bay and possiblity for the ease of installing forced induction. I would like to know what eveyone thinks of there vintage air system. pain, easy, worth it???

Tim

Jims78elky
08-22-2004, 04:29 AM
Well..Iam very happy with mine,its a great system,and though i had to custom "make" it work on my el camino,it definitly was worth it.The one thing i like about it is the pile of old parts that you will not be using anymore.

Its a dependeble system also (so far for me :icon996: ) minor maintenece is all that i have done,check leaks,ect. Check out
there site for more info www.vintageair.com Good luck!

Rileys68Camaro
08-22-2004, 03:59 PM
I'd say go for it. I have one, cars not running yet, but it's a nice unit.

They've been extreamly helpful as I'm having to redo part of the install that the mechanic messed up, so I've been talking to them quite a bit. The instructions are pretty good too.

I just wish I could find the Frontrunner a little cheaper.

68RSRagtop
08-26-2004, 07:18 PM
I have one on my 68 Camaro w/ a 383 stroker. Only modification were grinding on the bolts that hold the plate on the back of the water pump. I was using a cloyes hex-a-just piece and it is a little bit bigger than a stock piece. Everything else fit in place. All questions were answered in the directions and if I doubted I called Kyle Tucker at DSE. I say it is worth the cost and it really cleans up the engine compartment.