PDA

View Full Version : Need pics of windshield washer nozzles

skeeters65
12-09-2008, 01:23 PM
Looking for pics of the nozzles installed on a 69 Camaro..
Without the cowl installed..

Thanks

Jim Nilsen
12-14-2008, 04:47 PM
If you go to the PT garage and look at colt zantops 68 Camaro you can see a pic of how they come out of the cowl area into the engine bay. the hose run straight down the firewall. These are the same on a 69 also. You may find a few more pics if you look around but those were the easiest so far. Right now the pics are in the most viewed section.

The 69 from Elite Dental Tech right above it are not mounted in the spot they belong but it does show you a better pic of where they go and how much would show.

Hope it gives you an idea.

Jim Nilsen
12-14-2008, 05:18 PM
here you go

The pic you have been waiting for.

it mounts with a big washer on the underside of the round hole. I thought it was a slot but I had it wrong. Sorry.

skeeters65
12-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Thanks Jim.
Thats what I figured but wasnt sure how to fasten the nozzle. Just put a washer on the underside??

Is there not some sort of "clip" that goes in that big hole??

Thanks

Jim Nilsen
12-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Thanks Jim.
Thats what I figured but wasnt sure how to fasten the nozzle. Just put a washer on the underside??

Is there not some sort of "clip" that goes in that big hole??

Thanks

I don't recall one and I would have left it attach to the piece if there was. You could find a plastic plug kind of like a moly for drywall and then put a screw in it. But if I remember right it was a fender like washer and a screw and nut. I would have to look at the factory assembly manual to know what came with it for sure. Options are open to the imagination with all of the plugs available these days for so many things.

Goodluck choosing because there are so many other nozzles out here these days including wiper arms that have the hose on them and squirt from the wiper itself which is what I might do if I can find the right donor. Trico has a catalog that has universal wiper arms that might have something like it.

I am probably going to leave mine off and just use the old elbow grease when needed. I went 10 years without them working and never had problems except in winter and I know I will never drive in the winter in my car ever. You don't need the bottle then either.

But if you have to pass an inspection it is a different story.

Have fun

MuscleRodz
12-14-2008, 06:27 PM
The nozzle attaches to the wiper cowl. The hole is there to let the screw pass thru.

skeeters65
12-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Jim,
The car is registered already so I dont have to worry about that. I think I am going to leave them off for now. It is a fair weather car anyway and then I dont need to clutter up the engine bay with washer jugs and washer hoses..

Thanks