PDA

View Full Version : Galpin Ford selling 2008 Mustang GTs for $18,995!

Boyd
12-08-2008, 05:47 PM
CRAZY smoking deal! But they only had 40 available at that price. I called today to see if they have any left, but the damn salesmen (I talked to more than one) wouldn't answer my questions.

I told them I woud buy one immediately, with a large downpayment, but wanted to know what colors, if any, they had left. They kept trying to take my information so they could run my credit, but wouldn't say how many were still available (which leads me to believe the answer is "none").

I left a message with the GSM to call me back with how many units they had remaining, and what colors were available, and then I would give my personal information, but still haven't received a call. Jackasses.

http://galpinspecials.com/40mustangs.html

camcojb
12-08-2008, 06:01 PM
CRAZY smoking deal! But they only had 40 available at that price. I called today to see if they have any left, but the damn salesmen (I talked to more than one) wouldn't answer my questions.

I told them I woud buy one immediately, with a large downpayment, but wanted to know what colors, if any, they had left. They kept trying to take my information so they could run my credit, but wouldn't say how many were still available (which leads me to believe the answer is "none").

I left a message with the GSM to call me back with how many units they had remaining, and what colors were available, and then I would give my personal information, but still haven't received a call. Jackasses.

http://galpinspecials.com/40mustangs.html

I've never had any luck dealing with those guys. I was shopping for a new Lightning in 03, had financing in hand, and they were the highest priced of a dozen dealers I checked with, not willing to deal at all.

Jody

Vegas69
12-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Sales 101....get you to call and sell you something else.

JamesJ
12-08-2008, 08:14 PM
They dont want to sell those cars, most likely losing money....

gchandler
12-08-2008, 09:18 PM
It seems like you can't just buy on either, you are required to finance in order to get that price.

bigvegan
12-08-2008, 11:46 PM
Galpin is pretty full of itself.

I called them about a Mustang a few years ago, because they've got a reputation for "Galpinizing" vehicles to their customers needs.

Apparently I wasn't the right customer though, as they acted like I should be grateful to be given the opportunity to buy a car there.

$18.9k is a pretty ridiculous deal for a GT though. I wonder what the ragtops go for?

Boyd
12-09-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm now wondering if the $18,995 deal was even legit. But even if it was, it seems they are now sold out but won't tell anyone and are pressuring interested buyers into other, more expensive, vehicles.

The GSM finally called me back, but avoided every single question about the $18,995 cars. He kept bragging about their shop, saying "if you're interested in a Mustang you really need to see our shop, you may have seen it on the MTV program 'Pimp My Ride', I promise that if you buy one of our custom Mustangs, you won't find another one like it in the whole country."

Yea, like this one you did recently......no thanks!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

wiedemab
12-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Wow - I wouldn't pay $18K for that. I'd have to spend another 5K to repaint it!!!!!!!

Yuck!

tom_a
12-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Sales 101....get you to call and sell you something else.

Agreed. Or sometimes called bait and switch...

John McIntire
12-09-2008, 01:53 PM
why would you want a F*rd anyway?:enguard:

cantvalve16
12-10-2008, 06:59 AM
I am also a member at Freiburger'sJunkyard.com. One of the guys on that forum drives by Galpin everyday and says there are still some of those cars left. They are all white w/ grey interior and rear spoiler delete. For the full skinny, check out Freiburger'sJunkyard.com in the Blogs section.

6'9"Witha69
12-10-2008, 07:37 AM
why would you want a F*rd anyway?:enguard:Beats me!

paul67
12-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Maybe this is why the big 3 are in trouble ,not bad cars but bad delears

vintageracer
12-11-2008, 02:10 PM
The cars most likely came from Saleen inc. They were left over 2008 cars that Saleen purchased but were not converted. The cars were part of the big Saleen Auction held to close the California facility along with lots of parts, equipment and other items. Most cars had a minimun bid of $18K or somewhere around there. I never heard if they ultimately sold any through that auction. As I understand an issue arose concerning whether the cars would have a new car MSO or be considered a used car since they were not converted by Saleen who is considered a manufacturer. That's just what I heard third party and could be BS. I would bet these are the same cars purchased through the fleet program by Saleen.

Apparently Galpin must have bought all or some of the cars at a deal and are now selling the cars off their lot.