PDA

View Full Version : 68 Camaro Subframe Alignment help

John510
12-05-2008, 02:04 PM
So I tried test fitting my LS1/T56 into my 68 camro and the tranny was off to one side in the trans tunnel. Looks like it could scoot over about 2 inches. Could this be because my subframe was not aligned when I put it back on the body?

Anyone know how I can line this thing up without having to tow it over to a frame shop?

Thanks!

Twentyover
12-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Should be reference marks or holes in the subframe. Measure diagonally to a feature and square it like you do a wall

CarlC
12-06-2008, 01:30 PM
There's likely info in the archives here, and certainly on camaros.net.

The Body by Fisher manual has all of the needed dimensions.

TnBlkC230WZ
12-19-2008, 10:53 PM
There are alignment holes at the front body mounts. To properly align the frame requires cross measurements to the reference holes at the rear spring eye mounts. Two inches off is a lot. You may get an inch of movement in the frame, but I don't think you will get two inches. Do you have the correct motor mounts? Are you using big or small block engine stands? Did your LS kit come with different engine stands?

tumper93
12-20-2008, 08:54 AM
If you still need these PM me and I can send you a copy of the actual Fisher Body drawing with the measurements. by the way don't use 69 measurements if you find them, they are different, I found out the hard way.