PDA

View Full Version : Vortech S1 trim or B&M 143 roots?

crazyfireman
12-05-2008, 11:48 AM
I am trying to see which of these set-ups will work better for my application. I have a 408 SBC with 8.5-1 compression, 700r4 and 3.08s in the rear. The car will be primarily street driven with maybe 4 track days a year. I currently have a B&M 142 Roots style with Dominator 1050 carb that I plan on using but I just aquired this car with teh Vortech. I was thinking of using the Vortech system, installing a carb on this Nova and selling it and selling my B&M, which would be better and why?? Here is a link to the car I just bought with the Vortech system...

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh77/vortechnova

HILROD
12-05-2008, 02:04 PM
The Vortech setup will make more power usually a little higher up in the rpm range. The 143 gives more down low, kinda peters out higher up. Worse with a bigger motor. The down side to the Vortech is tuning and fuel system upgrades are far more with that. The smaller blower with, a carb set up for it, is more of a bolt on deal. Hope this helps, it is kinda oversimplified.

crazyfireman
12-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks, that is what i was thinking, the roots style is a little easier for me to figure and tune.