PDA

View Full Version : GoodGuys Del Mar April '05

TwinSting
03-01-2005, 10:00 AM
I was just making plans for the Good Guys Del Mar Nationals show the first weekend of April and was checking to see if anyone else was planning on attending? If anyone is interested we could meet up and cruise down together.

Steve1968LS2
03-01-2005, 11:31 AM
Your sure it's April 5th?? thats a Tuesday..

I am going though.. with our without a car..

KrisHorton
03-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Steve,

It's actually like the 1st or 2nd. I plan to be there with Jada Toys. We'll all have to meet up. I hope to have the Chevelle there too.

Kris

Mean 69
03-03-2005, 09:41 AM
I'll be there as well, with my 69 if nothing unexpected happens. I have been to this show several times, and it never disappoints. I'd love to meet up with you guys. It would be great to meet and chat with you Chris, I may have a project or two for you. You can get details on the Goodguys website.

Mark

TwinSting
03-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Anybody else going to make it to Del Mar April 1,2,3? I am driving the Vette down and just wondering if anyone wants to cruise down or about town Friday or Saturday night?

Zefhix
03-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Well, actually, I'm going to try and swing it for Sat/Sun. Can anyone refer me to a Motel 6 nearby? seriously....we just sleep there so we generally don't care to stay somewhere else for 1 night..... :dunno:

Protour_Pinto
03-10-2005, 09:45 AM
I am planning on going. My Dad is flying in from Detroit. I will be on my bike coming in from the desert.

TwinSting
03-10-2005, 10:55 AM
Keith
The closest Mtoel 6 is in South Carlsbad at 750 Raintree Drive. You can reach them at 760-431-0745. It is only about 10-15 minutes north of the Del Mar racetrack.

Zefhix
03-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks..we'll be there Sat/Sun. Anybody want to make an official get together point? I love to meet some of you except Kris, he's smelly and his car looks like poo! :moon:

KrisHorton
03-10-2005, 02:12 PM
:fart: :getout:

Larry Callahan
03-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Hey guys, this would be a great thing to set up on our calendar and do a roll call to see who will be there. I may also be there hanging with JADA Toys. Might be a good place to make a focal point?

Zefhix
03-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Hey guys, this would be a great thing to set up on our calendar and do a roll call to see who will be there. I may also be there hanging with JADA Toys. Might be a good place to make a focal point?
I think we should all plan something for Sat night...for those that won't be there Friday. Anyone know the area or want to make a suggestion?

TwinSting
03-11-2005, 09:24 PM
I know the area fairly well. What kind of place you looking to meet up at? We could meet in the show Saturday during the day and then go from there? I agree with Larry that we should try to get some sort of head count.

Zefhix
03-12-2005, 12:40 AM
I know the area fairly well. What kind of place you looking to meet up at? We could meet in the show Saturday during the day and then go from there? I agree with Larry that we should try to get some sort of head count.

Wherever, whenever. Me plus my g/f :smoke:

alcino
03-21-2005, 04:44 PM
I was going to be autocrossing during the day on saturday at the san diego stadium. But if you guys have a group dinner or something else planned I wouldn't mind saying hello to everyone.

Alcino

HOT OHC
03-21-2005, 08:11 PM
I will be there saturday.

TwinSting
03-22-2005, 09:47 AM
Anyone want to set a time and place to meet up on Saturday during the show? Saturday night we could meet up at a really good pizza and brewery just north of the fairgrounds on coast highway called Pizza Port. Across the street is a large parking lot for the Amtrak?

Mean 69
03-22-2005, 12:09 PM
Sounds like Saturday is the day. I was planning on going to the Grand Am practice that day, but I'll go to the race on Sunday instead. Pizza Port is a GREAT suggestion, they will be a bit busy, but then again so will every place in So. Cal.

Mark

TwinSting
03-22-2005, 01:47 PM
I set up this event on the calendar to try and get a roll call as Larry suggested. I hope I did it correctly and that it works.

Zefhix
03-22-2005, 01:58 PM
I set up this event on the calendar to try and get a roll call as Larry suggested. I hope I did it correctly and that it works.

Sounds great...you know we'll be there. :)

Mean 69
03-31-2005, 12:35 PM
It looks like my car will not be ready to take to the show. However, my new shop is about 15 minutes North of the Del Mar Fairgrounds, very convenient to the freeway. My weekend is quickly becoming nuts, but if anyone would like to PM me if they want to stop by and see the new digs, as well as the car, we may be able to work something out. Always nice to meet new people, and I could use feedback on the rear suspension design too. I'll do my best, but again, I am going to be super busy this weekend. I think I will walk the show tomorrow (Friday), but might be there Saturday.

Mark

P.S. If you are travelling here in your car for the show, bring LOTS of cleaner. There is a huge butterfly swarm, like I have never seen, there is zero chance that your car will make it without squishing hundreds of the little guys. Yellow guts, could be a nice contrast to certain paint colors.

TwinSting
04-02-2005, 07:14 AM
Well, I tried everything I could but couldn't get the Vette finished in time for the show. It is back at BOYDS. I will still go to the show this afternoon and tommorrow morning I think to check things out.

Protour_Pinto
04-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Too bad about your car. Dont even get me started about Boyds shop. Or should I say his sons place, but that is another story...

I am going to try and make it on Sunday if all goes well with the move today.

I talked to a guy at Bobs Big Boy last night. He will be going down today in a Baby Blue Corona! If anyone gets a chance to see it be sure to take a good look. Cant miss it. It has a slight chop,new Lexus v8 all hand built chassis. Sweet little car. I will post some pics later today.

Protour_Pinto
04-02-2005, 09:55 PM
Here are the pics. I think it would be a good car for the mags. Its not a Camaro/Mustang. This guy does not have a computer but I pass his shop everyday.

http://vincel.home.mindspring.com/Corona/

Mean 69
04-04-2005, 03:47 PM
I ended up attending the show on Friday. It was a perfect day, but I was only able to spend a few hours there. Still, it was terrific. The cars, are always amazing, this year was no exception. Honest though, I am getting tired of pure show cars, they are awesome, but I am really starting to lean more towards true driven cars (big time). DSE had a botth there, as did Baer, and Global West, among many others. Had terrific chats with all of them. Sorry I missed all of you, but I am certain our paths will cross at some point soon.

Mark