PDA

View Full Version : Spec Miatas in the N.W.

Fawkes
02-28-2005, 06:52 PM
This is a guy and his wife that race here in the North"wet". They were running an RX-7, but have moved to Spec Miata, where they are doing VERY well. Click on "Videos" for some laps around the four tracks in the area.

TCMotorsports.com (http://www.tcmotorsports.net/multimedia.shtml#)

Salt Racer
03-01-2005, 07:29 AM
Those are cool videos! I think the guy used to frequent CC.com.

I'd like to try Spokane Raceway before I move out of the area.

JamesJ
03-01-2005, 01:23 PM
We have a couple of SM and they are so much fun. For people who are interested www.specmiata.com is the main site.

Fawkes
03-01-2005, 10:24 PM
Those are cool videos! I think the guy used to frequent CC.com.

I'd like to try Spokane Raceway before I move out of the area.

I think Carlo has been seen on the Corner Carvers site. He's also a regular on the NWHPDE (Northwest High Performance Driving Enthusiast... formerly Northwest SVT until most of them sold their Mustangs and bought Bimmers or Miatas) email list.

Are you in the Spokane area? We'll be over there on business in April.

Salt Racer
03-02-2005, 12:12 PM
I'm in Tacoma area, actually. Moving to SoCal this year. PR is tempting, but I probably shouldn't try considering my driving skills.

Little Bob
03-02-2005, 12:34 PM
I used to run a NEON ACR against the Miata's. They are just like driving a street leagal go-cart. The only thing that I didn't like was how they fit me. I drove a friends convertable and my viewline was looking above the windshield. Cool but wierd. I also liked sitting at the at the starting line with my arm out the window. I could put my hand flat on the ground while sitting in the drivers seat. Cool cars.

Fawkes
03-02-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm in Tacoma area, actually. Moving to SoCal this year. PR is tempting, but I probably shouldn't try considering my driving skills.

You're not too far. We're in Renton. PR is a blast. Ever do any autox'ing?

Salt Racer
03-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Nope, no auto-x though I might try it one of these days. Not exactly my cup of tea (seat time too short), and my car's too big. 117" WB, massive overhangs, and 4300-lb running weight (that's after some diet).

I ran my car at Streets of Willow, and doing Buttonwillow in April. I like California.

Fawkes
03-05-2005, 02:33 AM
More seat time in Cali... although they've been getting our rain lately. Lots of good open track events at Pacific Raceways. I doubt that the Mustang will ever see any time going through the twisties, but the Firebird may... we'll see.

69Transam
03-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Anyone going to the auto x tomorrow in bremerton? Ive never done it and tomorrow will be my first time out. Next weekend I'm going to Skip Barber for the Hi-Performance 2 day school in the srt-10 vipers. Since I told my parents I wanted to start racing they said they wanted me to get some teaching first, no argueing here. I can't wait to finish my camaro, and hopefully go out and run with the z06s and have those guys questioning what the hell is going on. Anyone know of any other Auto-x or track events there are going on in the NW. I need to find a club to run with, but I have no info. I heard they auto-x at cheney stadium and boeing field? Also does anyone know if PR has track days that are practice events or lapping days? For now I'll be racing in an 02 M3 until I finish my car. Any info you guys have would be great! thanks!

Fawkes
03-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Anyone going to the auto x tomorrow in bremerton? Ive never done it and tomorrow will be my first time out. Next weekend I'm going to Skip Barber for the Hi-Performance 2 day school in the srt-10 vipers. Since I told my parents I wanted to start racing they said they wanted me to get some teaching first, no argueing here. I can't wait to finish my camaro, and hopefully go out and run with the z06s and have those guys questioning what the hell is going on. Anyone know of any other Auto-x or track events there are going on in the NW. I need to find a club to run with, but I have no info. I heard they auto-x at cheney stadium and boeing field? Also does anyone know if PR has track days that are practice events or lapping days? For now I'll be racing in an 02 M3 until I finish my car. Any info you guys have would be great! thanks!

Check out the Northwest Region SCCA (http://www.nwr-scca.org/solo/) website for schedules and locations of various autocrosses in the area. They use to run events at the Boeing facility in Kent, but haven't done that in a few years. I believe that the two locations on the west side of the mountians is Bremerton and Packwood (South of Mt. Rainier on Hwy 12).

The Alfa club and BMW club have frequent lapping days at PR throughout the year. Check their website (http://pacificraceways.com/) for that schedule. I believe that the Bimmer club has one coming up in a couple of weeks. The Porsche club also has some dates scheduled, but last I heard was that they were pretty strict on letting only the "Porches" participate. I may be mistaken on that, so check it out.

The IRDC also has a few driver schools throughout the season as well, and that is well worth the time and money, and a great way to learn the lines around PR.