PDA

View Full Version : 7K 72 Chevelle Amature-Touring build!

JJSmitches
02-28-2005, 10:17 AM
That is the name I have officially given my project for now. This is already underway and has a budget of $7,000 with a PROJECTED finish date of May 5th, 2005. I picked this date just now looking at the calander and thinking I want the car driving in May...why not Cinco de Mayo!!!

Starting with...my first car of 5 1/2 years that was daily driven on pretty much stock suspension till about a year ago. A 1972 Chevelle Malibu 350/350 warmed over with a cam and fulie heads.

The plan-

12 bolt posi with 3.73 gears and disc brake conversion is already in progress. I have the brackets at my home, the rotors and calipers are on order and the rear end is at the shop being rebuilt as I type.

I am talking to people on this website about upper and lower control arms but havent purchased anything yet.

700r4 overdrive transmission is on its way also having been ordered this past weekend.

I have a 4 bolt main block that needs to be started soon. It will be stroked to 383 cu inches and topped with aluminum cylinder heads. Compression ratoi will be limited to 9.5:1.

The fuel tank will either be replaced or refurbished with an added sump and an electric fuel pump.

Front suspension plans were to use tall spindles and GW tubular control arms with 11" disc brakes...however, that may still change depending on what else I can find out here.

All of this fits within my budget with room to spare. I know things will run over budget so I have built in room for this to occur. I plan on saving money by doing as much of the work myself as possible but I do not have tools or experience to fab any of my own parts.

My entire build is being kept track of in a spreadsheet for close watch.

protouring70
02-28-2005, 01:40 PM
Hey I wish the best of luck. All my stuff for my 70 Chevelle was bought from Hotchkis. I read somewhere on somebodys site where they found all the suspension components from a dist. lots cheaper. They may not have been NAME brand, but you still get the same effect.
I will check to see if I can find it.
Brent

P.S. Any pic.s

:pics2:
Here it is :

http://www.infamouscamaro.com/

JJSmitches
02-28-2005, 03:02 PM
I do have pics of my car BEFORE I started tearing it apart..and a couple of it now that its in pieces. I will post when I get back home this evening. Right now I am still at work.

I also plan on taking pics of the rear end as soon as I get it back from the shop which I will also post ASAP.