PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs Up/Down or ??

yohinan
02-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Hi, new to the forum here but have a question. Can anyone steer me towards or away from a welder I am looking at getting. It is a Lincoln SP -175 Plus. It will be used mostly for small fabrication work and working on my vehicle (mini tubbing, reworking seat mounts, etc..) Would this welder accomplish these tasks or is their an alternative that I might want to take a look at that is in the same price range. Do you have good things or bad things to say about this model Lincoln? Thanks in advance for all the help. John

RobM
02-28-2005, 03:19 PM
thats a great welder. thats what i use, its perfect for what your doing. great tool for the home fabricator ive never been let down by a lincoln product.

parsonsj
02-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Great welder. It gets good reviews all over the net. If you want to spend a few extra dollars, check out the Miller 185. That's an awesome welder too. Can't go wrong either way.

jp

yohinan
03-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Well looks like I will be picking one of these up this weekend then. Thanks for the help. John

Tiger
03-01-2005, 11:35 AM
I have one as well, I am really happy with it.

André

yortls6
03-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Check out this message board on Miller.com. These guys can help you with any welding/motorsport topic. I own a Millermatic 130XP and I'm going to upgrade to a Millermatic 251 soon.

http://www.millermotorsports.com/mboard/