PDA

View Full Version : stupid question about floor pan

bduboeuf
02-27-2005, 09:00 PM
how change a floor pan in a 69 camaro.Should I get a full floor pan or front and rear and......
do you need to cut the existant one? do you weld the rest? ........etc...
I am new in that type of restoration but I can do a lot of things myself

but I just need to make sure first

thank you for your help

benjamin

baz67
02-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Did you try poking around www.camaros.net? They would have much more information on replacing your floorpans.

Brian

Ralph LoGrasso
02-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Benjamin, depending on how you would go about changing your floor pans depends on how bad they are, and where the trouble spots are? I patched my floor pans in two places, as they were very solid, just some pinholes. What I did was purchase a repro floor pan, and cut out from it the patches that I needed. I then cut the area of the floorboard that I was replacing, and spot-welded in the patches.

bduboeuf
02-27-2005, 09:30 PM
well the passenger side is gone there is 10 inches by 10 inches gone and the rear(both side as been fixed but just with straight plates and rivets)
and the driver side is allright

bduboeuf
02-27-2005, 09:44 PM
well the passenger side is gone there is 10 inches by 10 inches gone and the rear(both side as been fixed but just with straight plates and rivets)
and the driver side is allright

Milow68
02-27-2005, 10:32 PM
I guess the biggest thing is! Only replace what you have to, save as much of the original pan as you can. You may have to drill the spot welds out of the bracket for the bucket seat if you have them. It isn't too bad to do just take your time and fix the pieces tight. (think of the money you are saving by doing it yourself)
Do you have a digital camera send me some pictures! I can send you some of mine. Previous owner cut out alot and didn't fit it very good so I am redoing it.
Just my .02
Brad

bduboeuf
02-28-2005, 10:42 AM
here are the pictures off the project

Andrew McBride
02-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Milow 68 has the right idea. Your pans don't look that bad. I would cut the rusted areas out. I use a air cutting wheel for this. Then take a grinder and grind the areas you will tack-for the welding. When you get your replacement pieces take the cutting wheel and cut then to fit your specific area. I would not cut anymore than I would have to.

Make sure after you tack the welds in place to go back and completely weld the seams shut. Feel free to ask any questions.

Is that fiberglass filler on those floor pans?!

Andrew

bduboeuf
02-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Is that fiberglass filler on those floor pans?!

Andrew[/QUOTE]
no it is just straight sheet metal plates they put rivets,to put it on,
so I guess I would change those too