PDA

View Full Version : Instructional Driving School next year at SEMA - Interest?

Steve1968LS2
11-14-2008, 07:39 AM
I've been talking to the guys at Spring Mountain and I have an idea. How many here would be interested in taking a three day driving school next year at the track where we ran the Optima Challenge?
We would need a total of 16 people and the course would take place over three days (monday, tuesday, wednesday). Of course that would leave you only two days to soak up SEMA but two days is usually enough.

We could do it the week before, but if you're going to SEMA that's a LONG time away from home. The only shorter classes they offer are more advanced ones. Better to start with the basics.
The reason for three day class is that it's thier basic one (first class) since I'm sure most here have never been to a performance driving school.

There would need to be a non-refundable deposit (I can find out how much) and then you would have the whole year to save up the balance.

The normal price is $2,995 BUT I'm working on a super smoking price due to the group buy and where I work. In fact I may not be able to post the actual cost (that old "too low to advertise" deal).

The School:
http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/corvette-advanced-driving-schools/

So, who would be interested? Assume a price between $1500 and $2200.. to be honest they haven't told me a price yet but I will have it in a few days. The track spots fill up fast so we need to move quickly.

It seems like a lot of $$$ but more than any speed part driving skill is the best investment you can make in going fast around a track or autocross. Anyone that has ever gone to one of these schools will tell you that it's worth every penny and I think I can get us the smoking deal.

This will be post on PT.com so if you click the poll here don't click it there but feel free to comment.

If you're in the challenge next year this is good practice (wait, why am I helping those coming for me??? lol) Anyways, even if you're not it's a blast and you will be a much better driver.

So, who's interestested?

datsbad
11-14-2008, 07:59 AM
Steve , I am in !
Dave ?????

Vegas69
11-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Been seriously considering it.....if I can wait that long.

Steve1968LS2
11-14-2008, 08:16 AM
I think the price will be a pretty good discount off the "list price".. would be fun to take it with a bunch of other board members.

Would be better, in regards to SEMA if it was two days, but the basics class is three days. The class would go each day from around 8-4pm. Everything is included (lunch, helmet, firesuit, etc).

Damn True
11-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Definitely interested.

Graduation present - 3 laps driving your car?

mpozzi
11-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Hell, yes ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

BLT2DRIVE
11-14-2008, 09:29 AM
DUDE! SWEET! You might end up having to have two session groups! Sounds great!

Steve1968LS2
11-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Hell, yes ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

Might have to put you guys in the Radical class.. lol

Steve1968LS2
11-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Like I said.. the down side is missing two days of SEMA.. but that's the only downside. I saw what I needed of SEMA in two days anyways.

CarlC
11-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Everything, such as the car, is included? Or, do you need to bring your own wheels.

MuscleRodz
11-14-2008, 09:50 AM
I would definitely consider it based upon final price. SEMA already isn't cheap to be there to start with.

James OLC
11-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Obviously I'm in!

Unless I do it sooner...

ProdigyCustoms
11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
I would do it and enter a couple of my guys, if it was a couple days before or after SEMA. I cannot miss 2 days during the show

monza
11-14-2008, 10:10 AM
For sure!

parsonsj
11-14-2008, 10:31 AM
I NEED driving school!!!

jp

Steve1968LS2
11-14-2008, 10:47 AM
I would definitely consider it based upon final price. SEMA already isn't cheap to be there to start with.

I know.. the good news is that besides the deposit you have all year to save up.

I will post when I get firm pricing.. sounds like we have enough interest to get 16 people together.

Everything, such as the car, is included? Or, do you need to bring your own wheels.

Includes thier stable of C6 Vettes.. just bring your hands and feet..

Even includes grub.. Just show up and DRIVE!

Nine Ball
11-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Lisa and I would both take it. We just might take it sooner than Nov 2009 though.

Bow Tie 67
11-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Steve you know I'm interested.

Steve1968LS2
11-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Lisa and I would both take it. We just might take it sooner than Nov 2009 though.

Hey, you can take it again if it's a good deal.. you can never have too much practice :)

Joey_H
11-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Why not do it sooner than SEMA next year? :fingersx:

Steve1968LS2
11-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Why not do it sooner than SEMA next year? :fingersx:

Because people travel to SEMA anyways.. if we did it sooner we would only get locals.

Although, I could arrange the same deal for those within easy travel distance.

CRCRFT78
11-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Why not do it sooner than SEMA next year?

if we did it sooner we would only get locals.

I'm in as long as I have enough time to come up with all the cash. I've never done anything like this so it would be great. And there are definately enough West Coast members (locals) if you can have it sooner.

David Pozzi
11-14-2008, 07:42 PM
Sounds like fun!
I'd actually like to drive the Radical.
I hope they would turn me loose a bit if I show them I can handle it.
David

ProdigyCustoms
11-14-2008, 08:46 PM
I say do it the weekend before SEMA so people can fly in early and not have to miss the show. I am a definate for me and Michael, and probably 1 more if we could do that weekend deal.

monza
11-14-2008, 09:06 PM
I say do it the weekend before SEMA so people can fly in early and not have to miss the show. I am a definate for me and Michael, and probably 1 more if we could do that weekend deal.

How about a completely different time away from SEMA? Say early spring- get a PT group together. Maybe a different track even, Cali or Arizona?

Keep this event, I'm in.

What do you guys think of a new time/track?

Mr/Mrs. Pozzi any suggestions of a different venue?

Steve1968LS2
11-14-2008, 09:32 PM

They only offer certain classes on certain days... I will ask but I don't think they operate on the weekends.

Any other time would negate the fact that people are flying into SEMA anyways.

So, if it would be set another time it would be the cost of airfair.. plus hotel.. plus the class.

I will ask next week about the possiblilty of a class on off days, but I would hold out hope since that would jink up their whole operation.

Never hurts to ask though.

mpozzi
11-15-2008, 08:55 AM
How about a completely different time away from SEMA? Say early spring- get a PT group together. Maybe a different track even, Cali or Arizona?

Keep this event, I'm in.

What do you guys think of a new time/track?

Mr/Mrs. Pozzi any suggestions of a different venue?

Sure ... Laguna Seca :jump: but wishing for a perfect world (we live about 15 minutes from the track). Spring Mountain is actually best as we'll learn the track just before next year's Challenge. No substitute for track time ...

As long as I know in advance, I can schedule time away from the salt mines. That is, if I'm still employed by the salt mines ...

Cheers,
Mary Pozzi

YancyJohns
11-15-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm in, as long as it's the same week as SEMA.

David Pozzi
11-15-2008, 09:00 PM
I'd like to see it a few days before SEMA, and not interfere with it.

Some other time of year would be ok, as long as it wasn't mid-summer when it's too hot.
David