PDA

View Full Version : New Douche from NYC

engine
02-27-2005, 05:30 PM
What's up, fella's? I've known of this site for a while now, and somehow forgot to register. Finally did that today. But anyway, From Crooklyn, NYbeen into this G-machine culture for quite some time ever since starting to build my Camaro. Picked it up in October of '96 and tore it down to the subframe the very next day. Left it for the winter while prepping the WS6 rear I got for it and welding up the rotten subframe mounts. I'd say I spent the next 4 years pretty much getting everything back into the car, replacing much of it, running into major problems here and there (2nd rear, 2nd engine). I just wish I had put an OD in it or even started a manual trans swap back when it was all in pieces. The TH350 with 3.42 gears sucks while doing 110 on the local freeways... You can see the car and much of the progress in my web-page thingy.

thanks.

zbugger
02-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Welcome. Good to see you make it here.

Bill Howell
02-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Welcome,
I enjoyed your site, especially the Indian Larry pictures. I am assuming that the BBQ weekend was when he died? Since I ride, I have admired he work forever and hated it when we lost him and his talent.
RIP IL

Bill

ProTouringNyc
02-27-2005, 06:34 PM
What part born and raised caroll gardens,park slope,marine park

engine
02-27-2005, 06:35 PM
The BBQ was in Late May if I remember correctly It was covered by a few magazines Like Easy Rider and The Horse. The Memorial was Sept 19th, 3 weeks after his death. I'm still very pissed that things worked out they way they did. I haven't been riding for very long, although it was something I wanted to do since I was 4 when my uncle brought over his '73 XLH, feeling the exhaust puffs flutter though my fingers. Seeing Larry's work for the first time blew me right out of the water. It's a shame. I got pics of my '89 XL here:
http://www.clubchopper.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=235 you can see some of the little things that I've done with it.

engine
02-27-2005, 06:37 PM
What part born and raised caroll gardens,park slope,marine park
Born and Raised in Greenpoint. Northern most part, at the foot of both brigdes into Queens. Not too many people know it exists...

Ralph LoGrasso
02-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the site. Good to have ya. I was born in Canarsie and lived there until '94.

engine
02-27-2005, 06:41 PM
Yeah, most of Brooklyn seems to be moving out...can't wait to do the same.

Ralph LoGrasso
02-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah, alot of people have or are moving out, but it seems like 90% of them move to Staten Island. A bunch of my relatives moved there about 4 years ago, and half of the people that used to live in Canarsie are scattered throughout S.I. It's pretty cool to see all the old faces in one place.

Bill Howell
02-27-2005, 06:48 PM
I can see some of his influence on your spade piece on the sissy bar.
You made that right? Looks like your welding practice will help out on your P-T ride.
Nice Bike- ride safe
Bill

BTW I will be in Daytona next week if you do Bike week!

engine
02-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks, I did make the spade out of 18 gage stainless. I also made a questionmark out of the same material. Was something I wanted to make and give it to larry perdonally, but he passed before I started it. I did finish it in Sept 18th, and thought about giving it to the guys at the shop, but that never happened. Probably due to some of my insecurities, I may never give it to them, I feel that they might laugh at it and chuck it in the trash, because it is amateurish at best. So now it's hanging in my garage. I'll put a pic of it up in that chopper gallery I have.
I just started welding about a year ago. Bought a MIG and a book, went at it with a vision.
Those mideival flails I made were my favorite things to make so far. I actually finished the round one today. I got some other ideas to play with in the future...I wish I had started welding and making stuff about 10 years ago. I might have a career doing it now...
I'm not sure I'd make it out to any bike events this year. I would like to do Sturgis, though...

Bill Howell
02-27-2005, 07:07 PM
I would like to do Sturgis, though...

I plan on being there this August too. I go every other year and really enjoy that rally and seeing that part of the country.

engine
02-27-2005, 07:15 PM
I got that question mark up there now. http://www.clubchopper.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=235

Bill Howell
02-27-2005, 07:23 PM
:icon996: Nothing wrong with that. If that is you in the picture with Larry, why not blow the picture up and put it and the q-mark in a prominate place in your shop. :dunno:
Kind of a tribute to him

OK back to Pro-touring
Bill