PDA

View Full Version : Brake/Clutch packaging question.

hossdoc
11-07-2008, 05:58 AM
It is finally time to upgrade the brakes on my '71 Mustang coupe from 4 wheel drums to 4 wheel discs. Rather than to with a high dollar aftermarket package, I am upgrading to '08 Mustang GT discs thanks to a kit from Mustang Steve. I plan to convert this auto car to T-56 manual and was planning on going with a hydrolic clutch setup. Steve recommended a stock style power booster for the brake setup but I am worried that may interfere with a hydrolic clutch. As I will have to convert the pedal set for both the power brakes and to switch to a manual trans. it may be easier to simply go Wilwood with the pedal set and hydrolics. However, I'm afraid that will negate the use of a stock style booster. I guess I could go with a hydroboost style setup but can't find a Wilwood pedal set to fit this arrangement: they all seem to be set up for Dual MCs. I had considered dual MCs when Wilwood brakes were the plan, but I don't know that dual MCs will be the best arrangement for the '08 setup. I know that Mustangs are not the norm on this site but I'm sure that some of you bow tie types have this same dilemma at some point.

1)How do you go about running a stock booster and hydrolic clutch?
2) What hydrolic clutch setups wor best with stock pedals?
3) Anyone running late model OEM disc brakes without a booster?
If so, tandem or dual MCs?
4) Does Wilwood make a pedal set for single MC and hydrolic clutch?
If so, will a Hydroboost work with this setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.