PDA

View Full Version : Metric Adapter Kit for Gauges

Malibu Jax
11-06-2008, 09:09 AM
Hello Everyone-

I just wanted to give a quick heads up that the metric adapter kit needed to run aftermarket sending units is on clearance at Checker Auto Parts. EQUUS part #6848 this kit has five different adapters in it and will cover the oil sender and temp sender needs. I learned of the kit off of the LS1 sited and have attached the link to the post. There are two different ways to go about adapting but this is by far easier than the alternative and It only cost me $.82 after tax. Not every Checker will still have this, but check the surrounding stores and you might get lucky.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472609&page=3
(about three quarters of the way down the page)

Shawn MacAnanny
11-07-2008, 04:07 PM
Wow! I paid like $11 for my autometer temp sensor adapter lol

Swainbuilt
11-11-2008, 08:15 AM
They told me it was special order only. :doh:Oh well, back to the drill and tap.

Malibu Jax
11-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Swain-

Ask them to check other stores in the computer. The local store did not have mine in stock, but they checked stores in Denver which is 45mins away and had them put it on the delivery truck. No extra fee and not any big deal for them. It helps if you can find a clerk that has worked there for a while. The other place you can check is import shops(honda/civic) sell them for about $8. Good luck

Swainbuilt
11-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Thanks, Finally found them! $.78 is worth not drilling out the 8mm plug on the head! They still got my money though as I bought a Mr. Clean pressure wash/dry system with wax, tire cleaner and duster. It was on the clearance table marked down from $55 to $10. Then rang up for $8. :git: It's the little things!