PDA

View Full Version : Blew my motor up.

CamaroJesse
11-05-2008, 01:02 PM
I got my car running 3 weeks ago after restoring it the last 2 years. I started driving it maybe a week and a half ago. And today i spun a damn bearing. 2 years of working on it and a week of driving it. This sucks. I do not have the money to rebuild it or do another motor. I hated that motor becasue it sucked gas but i was going to drive it for a while until i could afford an LS1.

maldo
11-05-2008, 01:04 PM
sorry about that you can always swap in a junk yard engine for know... you can pick one up for peanuts.... just to keep you rolling

BA.
11-05-2008, 01:12 PM
that sucks dude!! :candle:

Blown353
11-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Spun a bearing? Any idea why?

I see you have a 396... is it an early block, and if so did the cam have the grooved rear journal?

Either way, losing an engine sucks.

shmoov69
11-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Sucks dude! Did you loose a lifter?
If you don't have the money, you could just yank it and whore it back together with a turned or used crank and new bearings. You are out the cash on the crank, bearings and oil pan gasket.
Or like said, get a junk yard engine or keep an eye open for someone unloading one cheap. There will prolly be alot available in the not too far future.........

CamaroJesse
11-05-2008, 03:31 PM
The thing is i dont even like this motor. I was waiting untill i had money for an ls1 to get rid of it. I dont really feel like dumping money i dont even have into this gas guzzling big block. This situation just sucks.

I have no idea why the bearing would have spun. i havent tore the motor apart yet so im not sure what all is messed up.