PDA

View Full Version : DSE subframes and 4 link

datsbad
02-26-2005, 10:50 AM
anyone here install them ? how was the instalation ? also i here DSE will have a 4 link released soon for the 1st gen . anyone know anything ?

Steve1968LS2
02-26-2005, 11:01 AM
I have seen the subframes installed.. very nice but not easy at all (then again, when is the good stuff ever easy).. complicated install is the down side but they do not effect ground clearance and do a great job of tying the car together.

As for the 4-link.. I've got nothing.. ;)

datsbad
02-26-2005, 11:56 AM
steve looks like i am going to do the mini tub on the other 69 . hint , hint !!!

kyle told me they wrere releasing something soon . maybe i should wait for the rear set up till i hear what they have ?

c.schulz
02-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Hey Steve do you have any pics of the subframe??Can you tell me more about the pieces that go into?? Guessing that they use the same control arms they currntly sell?
Chris

JamesJ
02-26-2005, 10:36 PM
I think that he was talking about sub frame connectors, not the new sub frame coming out.

datsbad
02-27-2005, 06:47 AM
yeah the subframe connectors through the floor. anyone ever installed them ?

awr68
02-27-2005, 09:27 AM
I installed them on my '68, not that big of a deal if you can weld, but it did take some time...just make sure you cut the hole in the floor a little small and then trim for a nice tight fit and you will be fine. They come with nice patterns and the SFCs actually fit very well...another quality piece from DSE!!! :) I have some install pics on my web page (http://tony.jbworks.com/) starting on page 2 in the 'Anthonys Camaro' folder...hope it helps!!