PDA

View Full Version : Changing out pro-street style rear

casey38boost
10-30-2008, 11:35 AM
I currently have a dana 60 w/ 4.56 ladder bars and big tires in the rear with spool set up like pro-street.

I am thinking of other options that I might have, I want more of a driver set up.

Maybe a custom width Ford 9" that allows me to use say newer corvette wheels without spacers. I also have a Mini tub installed so Wide tires aren't a problem for fitment.

Could I go with a 9" and what kind of rear suspension set up? Coil over set up or something like hot rods to hell ?

Just looking for options. anyone??

Apogee
10-30-2008, 11:56 AM
There are so many options out there that it would probably help to narrow things down a bit by telling us what kind of car it is you're talking about. Additional information regarding your front suspension and any other major mods may impact any recomendations made for the rear.

Tobin
KORE3

casey38boost
10-30-2008, 03:40 PM
sorry for the lack of info.

I have a 67 Camaro right now pro street style rolling chassis. I also have a 02 z28 that has been salvaged, but most of the car is great parts.

I would like to have something strong like a 9 inch, but still have streetability.

The set up in now is a race only ladder bar. No leaf springs etc.

I'd like to stay around a 3.55 rear ratio with something that would be able to be street driven, but i don't want to spend a "ton" of money.

Front is a stock subframe w/ disc brakes.

thanks for ideas

ProdigyCustoms
10-30-2008, 05:22 PM
What rear frame rails does it have? Is it stock rails?

casey38boost
10-30-2008, 05:37 PM
I think its the stock rear rails, mini tub, and cage.

also has a welded in crossmember for the ladder bars.

Is it possible to get a full 9" rear like a currie rear kit then use a torque arm set up like the 82-02 camaro's?

Or do u think i should just keep the dana put in different gears, posi etc.

It just seems like I should sell the whole dana 60 rear w/ the 4.56 spool, and tires and start over.

Strong rear, but i want to be able to drive on the street.

David Sloan
10-31-2008, 04:24 AM
I think its the stock rear rails, mini tub, and cage.

also has a welded in crossmember for the ladder bars.

Is it possible to get a full 9" rear like a currie rear kit then use a torque arm set up like the 82-02 camaro's?

Or do u think i should just keep the dana put in different gears, posi etc.

It just seems like I should sell the whole dana 60 rear w/ the 4.56 spool, and tires and start over.

Strong rear, but i want to be able to drive on the street.

Get in touch with Jakehttp://www.jakesrodshop.com/
Look at his rear suspension. It kicks arsss!!:6gears: