PDA

View Full Version : modo innovations heel/toe

hotrdblder
10-27-2008, 01:50 PM
anyone used the modo heel/toe gas pedal extension? does it work well? there are different methods of heel/toe but i like to roll my foot over to blip the throttle, rather then twist my foot over and blip it with my heel.
i just wanted to know if the extension was placed properly for the method i like to use when heel/toe?
thanks

Modo Innovations
10-27-2008, 03:46 PM
Here is an old post on this issue. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28351&highlight=heel+toe These H/T pedals are included in manual pedal sets that they are applicable to. The post in the link is from when we first released these pedals.

hotrdblder
10-27-2008, 04:23 PM
are these in stock for the lokar cable pedal assemblys?

Modo Innovations
10-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes, I have the Lokar adapter plate in stock, they are an additional $35.00. The Lokar adapters are not on my website though, if you need a kit with the Lokar adapter give me a call 940-391-9002.

Thanks,

Steve1968LS2
10-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I have them and they are great.. easy to work the pedals and easy to install. :)

Steve1968LS2
10-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey, who came up with the whole "heel/toe" idea? ;)

Damn True
10-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Some dude with small feet.

hotrdblder
10-27-2008, 07:39 PM
not sure but as soon as you really push your car into a corner off a high speed straight and you down shift and turn in, you will realize why you need to do this. also brakes are for slowing down, not engine braking, the fast guys go hard all the way to the braking zone, then brake and push clutch in, then when near turn in, they have it in desired gear,blip throttle while finish braking and as rpms rise release clutch, this way the suspension stays settled and you do not upset the car and spin out.
you can get away without doing this, but if you get fast, the car gets all sorts of unsettled.
by releasing the clutch with revs higher it continues to push the car, so the load on the chassis stays the same, where as if you let clutchout under the gears rpm range you upset rear traction and can spin easily.
i am sure someone on here as a better way of describing it.

JMarsa
10-29-2008, 08:19 AM
Hey, who came up with the whole "heel/toe" idea? ;)

Was it?

Jim Clark?
Jackie Stewart?
Graham Hill?
Stirling Moss?
Phil Hill?

--JMarsa

silver69camaro
10-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Hmm...wish I would have known about this earlier. I just ended up making a whole new gas pedal when I installed the Wilwood pedal assembly.

bigvegan
10-29-2008, 01:04 PM
Hey, who came up with the whole "heel/toe" idea?

Didn't that used to be the way it HAD to be done?

Early race cars (all cars really) didn't have synchronized transmissions, so to be able to shift smoothly, you had to heel-toe it to keep the engine revs matching the drivetrain revs.

If you do it just right, you can shift smoothly without the clutch, even on your current car. (Try it on your beater first though.)

Modo Innovations
10-29-2008, 02:19 PM
On another note...we manufacture our pedal covers using factory pedal assemblies as guides for our tooling. For every set of pedal covers we make, we have the factory assemblies. This insures our pedal covers fit your application.

Modo Innovations
10-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Here is a review and install of our covers.
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33849

The only thing that has changed is our Lokar adapter plates has some pockets machined in the backside of it to reduce the weight.