PDA

View Full Version : Accel DFI tuner in PA/NJ

thedugan
10-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Looking for a good DFI tuner in the NJ or Eastern PA area.

I might use Ida automotive or Musi but anybody know of any other good shop.

thedugan
10-27-2008, 05:25 AM
I'm leaning towards Ida might stop down there this week. Unless someone has a recomendation of a better place.

John McIntire
10-27-2008, 08:27 AM
ida=big bucks
I'd try Cartek, they're in Garwood I believe.
cartek.net

68 SuperRam
10-27-2008, 08:29 AM
Turbo People in NY - Westchester County

Steve Chryssos
10-27-2008, 08:31 AM
Turbo People in NY - Westchester County

Yup.
Jobe is the man. Very busy though--but worth waiting for if you must.

John McIntire
10-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Yup, Job is awesome. Very talented and can make a turbo car fly. The only thing I heard about him that I don't like is that he is very secretive and will actually lock you out of the ECU so you can not see his tune.
He might not do that for a "street car." He does do alot of tuning for Pro 5.0 and 10.5 cars

thedugan
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM
I know Dave Bush from Cartek from a long long time ago when I worked in a speed shop he bought from. He worked at Goodyear in Westfield and had a 67 z28 rs in pieces sitting outside. I might go to them. Thanks

I'll look into turbo people but thats a far ride for me so we will see.

Thanks guys

anybody ever use 2nd Street Speed in Perkasie PA

EFI69Cam
10-27-2008, 01:00 PM
What about the guy who used to teach the EMIC classes Ray Bohacz? I think he has a shop in NJ.

OHCbird
10-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Another vote for Job @ Turbo People. He is held in high-regard by DFI themselves, as his tunes are world-class.

John-
That reputation probably comes from people with Thruster setups; they are basically Gen VIIs when the EMIC tunes it, but a Thruster when the owner tries to access the Gen VII-only functions. If you get a Thruster, you will be able 'upgrade' to the full Gen VII software.

EFI69Cam
10-28-2008, 08:03 AM
Another vote for Job @ Turbo People. He is held in high-regard by DFI themselves, as his tunes are world-class.

John-
That reputation probably comes from people with Thruster setups; they are basically Gen VIIs when the EMIC tunes it, but a Thruster when the owner tries to access the Gen VII-only functions. If you get a Thruster, you will be able 'upgrade' to the full Gen VII software.

The Thruster ECMs also lack the PWM circuitry.

laguna4efi
11-10-2008, 08:31 AM
There's also a very good tuner named Dale Cherry at Berrel Automotive in Horsham, PA. I've worked with him in the past and he's straight forward/fair priced.