PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Wilwood Brakes...HELP

protour73
10-25-2008, 04:42 PM
I am bleeding Wilwood brakes with 4 piston calipers. So there is an insde bleeder on one half of the caliper and an out side bleeder on the other half of the caliper. I have gotten a fairly firm pedal just bleeding the inside bleeder on all four corners. But I don't know when to bleed the outside bleeders?

any help will be appreciated

Scott

68sixspeed
10-25-2008, 06:57 PM
bleed the outside, you need to get the air out of the cross over tube and the outer pistons... It's been a while since I did that type, I can't remember if it was outer first then inner or inner then outer, but once the bulk of the air is out is shouldn't matter which order.

TIRE FRYER
10-26-2008, 11:06 PM
you might also try tapping the caliper with a rubber mallet at different spots between bleedings to bring the air pockets to the top of the caliper. this helped me on a dual piston pbr caliper once.
good luck

protour73
10-27-2008, 07:50 AM
you might also try tapping the caliper with a rubber mallet at different spots between bleedings to bring the air pockets to the top of the caliper. this helped me on a dual piston pbr caliper once.
good luck

I did do that...thanks!!

got the brakes all bled........car is ready to drive!!:naughty:

Vegas69
10-27-2008, 09:05 AM
You always bleed from the farthest point first. Meaning RR caliper outside bleeder, then insided bleeder. LR outside bleeder then inside bleeder...etc.