PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen f body radiator in a 1st gen

130fe
02-25-2005, 05:39 AM
I was wondering if anyone has done this swap. Any information and pictures would be appreciated.

69lt4
03-01-2005, 09:51 AM
Thought about it, but decided to go with an Aluminum radiator. I was going to run the radiator and fan set-up from a 4th gen. Didn't look into fit up. One of the magazines did an LT1 swap into a Nova. In the article it says they purchased a 4th gen Camaro Be Cool radiator. If I remember correctly, there was min if any modification needed. Going on that I would think a 4th gen rad would work.
Kevin

datsbad
04-03-2005, 08:57 PM
we just did this on a 70 nova , same thing . check out the site. its still kinda temporary. finished pics will follow later .

radmanrob
04-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Its a fairly easy drop in, if you have relocated the battery. Its also a ton cheaper than aftermarket welded tank aluminum radiators. Buy a Major brand, Modine or A/C Delco. You will have to fab up upper and lower brackets, I would do so and use factory rubber insulators. If you have a parts store buddy who will let you cruise his hose selection, you can pick one out pretty easily that will fit perfect. Looks like you are using a LT1, maybe factory gen 4 hoses will fit. You will also have a place on the radiator for coolant fan sensor if you have a gen 4 fan you could use it.