PDA

View Full Version : Painting strips

studehdtp53
02-25-2005, 03:31 AM
Okay guys, I am ready to put the stripes on the 69 Camaro. This is a corvett dark blue car and I am going with black SS style strips. After painting them on do I need to clear over the entire panel so as not to have an "edge". Gloss- semi-gloss or flat strips ?

astroracer
02-25-2005, 03:43 AM
To reduce the edge you will need to overcoat the stripes with clear. If you keep the film thickness low and color sand (carefully) the stripe edges before the clear is sprayed you should be able to do it with one or two coats of clear and some final block sanding to knock it down.
The gloss, semi-gloss or flat question is a moot point if you clear them... The clear will make them glossy so shoot gloss black paint to keep the surfaces similar and color sand the entire panel before clearing...
Mark

68protouring454
02-25-2005, 05:53 AM
do like mark says, and you will be good, however i know standox and spies hecker offers a semi gloss clear than can be buffed, its works awesome, you use regular black base or whatever base you want and then the semi gloss clear, about the perfect ratio of flattenning
jake