PDA

View Full Version : parts is parts ??

6994lt1
10-21-2008, 06:25 PM
anyone ever use "camaro cental" parts? there parts look good in the book. so far i have all year one stuff , camaro central is only about 2-3 hours from me. its easier if i can go to a show room and shop.

6994lt1
10-25-2008, 11:21 AM
take this as a NO

gateman
10-26-2008, 06:31 AM
The majority of the stuff is the same...Wether you buy it from Classic, NPD, Year One, Ricks. etc... However, If you want NOS stock or GM parts, Year One and Classic are best choice.. Camaro Central mostly keeps all of the real good stuff for themselves.. They are in my backyard and I go there often, they are very, very knowledgable in the camaro field. The owner, Shawn is also very cool.
With that said, most of my "good" (original GM) stuff comes from Year one and Classic Industries..If you just want the regular aftermarket and repops, they are great...
Camaro Central is also moving to Richmond KY in a month or so..Hope this helps:yeah:

Rag-Rat
10-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Where ever you buy the parts from, check and see what brands they carry. I have found that parts with the Trim Parts brand and Classic Headquarters name are of very high quality whereas OER is not. Different sellers choose different brands, the low $$$ looks good on the website or catalog until it falls off your car going down the road (that is not a joke).

6994lt1
11-14-2008, 06:39 PM
well i gave them a try,got a complete int from them. they had just about everything in their warehouse, had to get a few things shipped. it all looks good so far

Sparky67
11-14-2008, 08:22 PM
However, If you want NOS stock or GM parts, Year One and Classic are best choice..

I never have seen Year One or Classic Industries have New Old Stock (NOS), but if you are looking for those parts. It is best to go to Camaro Specialities. http://www.camaros.com/ or sometimes you can buy NOS from ebay also. Also Camaro Specialities carries used parts.

Jeff

http://www.kodakgallery.com/67rscamaro

6994lt1
04-19-2009, 12:45 AM
real happy with everything i bought from them so far, just got get the stuff on the car!

CamaroCoby
05-29-2009, 06:26 AM
Anyone heard of american restoration parts.com???

Riderz Cycle
07-10-2009, 07:43 AM
I have been using Ground-Up restorations parts, Mainly cause they are local but the service has been excellent as well. Large inventory plus they are the local DSE dealer

BonzoHansen
07-10-2009, 11:10 AM
I just got tail light gasket/fillers for my 77 from them. Fast & the parts wre Trim Parts brand, and were good.