PDA

View Full Version : Max G Chassis Install Shop???

gearhead1186
10-20-2008, 10:18 AM
I am very close to ordering a max g chassis from art morrison for my 69 camaro.

I have my entire floor, trunk, inner rockers, firewall and wheel housings cut out in order to cut back on labor cost.

Before I order the frame I want to have decided on a shop to do the work. I am currently looking for a shop to have the tin work done... basically mounting the body on the frame, doing a floor, trunk, tubs and firewall.

I live near near New York City and I have contacted Mark Markow Race Cars and Hot Rods Incorporated. I am probably going to end up going to one of them as I dont want to travel more than 3hrs. One quoted me 6g and one quoted me 5g. Does anybody have any experience with either one of them and how does that price sound?

Mike

killer69
10-20-2008, 05:56 PM
that sounds like a good price as there is at least 300 hours involved in the process and there are all the other things that need to be done at the same time. steering shaft master cyl mount seat mounts fuel tank. and the list goes on and on.

gearhead1186
10-20-2008, 07:49 PM
I wasnt planning on having the master cyl, seat mounts and fuel tank put it at the same time. That is all stuff I can do myself. The only thing I might have them do aside from the floors, trunk, firewall and tubs is the steering shaft.
I'll cross my fingers that that price will be the same when Im ready for it. It cant be too far off as two different shops quote me within 1g, both well respected.