PDA

View Full Version : Rod between booster & master cyl

redsand
02-24-2005, 04:30 PM
I am finnaly hooking up my brakes. I purchased a sport brake kit from bear which included the master cyl. When I connect it to my existing booster(From an 80 trans am) . when I insert the rod into the new master cyl, there seems to be a lot of slop(1/4 inch) Is this normal? I would think it should be really tight.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
scott
80 trans am conver.

fuzzyonion
02-25-2005, 06:01 AM
There are 2 lengths. You might have a mismatch. Baer did not provide you with a spacer?

Mr. Pozzi has some good pics of the 2 different lengths, masters, and how the rods look sticking out of the booster, on a page of his website. Link provided, scroll down near halfway.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/David_Pozzi/brakes.htm#Converting_Drums_to_Discs

I think Baer makes a spacer for using the deep hole master with a short booster rod. Be sure this is the problem though... I am only guessing.

gmachinz
02-25-2005, 07:31 AM
I made my own kit but had to resort to making a heim-ended bracket to make the connection. Works anyway. -Jabin

redsand
02-25-2005, 09:22 AM
I previously had power brakes on my trans am. I have the 2 /58 pushrod, and baer supplied my master cylinder that I think has the 3/8 deep hole.

Thanks again.