PDA

View Full Version : Voodoo Cam V.s. Xtreme 268?

toofun
02-24-2005, 10:34 AM
OK,

Know someone has bought one of these recently. Anyone use it yet? Was wondering what the feedback was. They compare it against the XTREME 268 comp cams. Anyone using it yet? Pros? Cons? Does it live up to the hype? What about the price?

Mark

shmoov69
02-24-2005, 06:58 PM
I got a good friend that is at Lunati now (was at Comp before). He told me when they were coming up with the Voodoo line, they were of course going against the Extreme line up since it is the big kid on the block! He told me then that they made more power across the board with the exact same engine than the Extreme line. I know that he was very stoked about it when they were developing it. I would call them and get the specifics on the one you are looking at. :icon996:

boodlefoof
02-25-2005, 06:23 AM
There was a discussion on the Voodoo cams and some talk of how they related to the XE line over on www.chevelles.com

Might be helpful.

Lowend
02-27-2005, 03:58 PM
The bottom line is that there is no magic in cam design.
All you can do is open and close valves at certain times and at certain rates.
I don't doubt that the "voodoo" cams have more agressive ramp rates than the old Crane stuff, but all the cam manufacturers have gotten to the point where the rates are just about as fast as they can be without damaging lifters.

Tom Welch
02-28-2005, 05:10 PM
There is only one sure way to find out the truth as far as your car is concerned. Try them both.