PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my 68 Firebird - need advice

JBeaudry
02-24-2005, 09:04 AM
My question is this... does anyone know if I can fit a 17 or 18 with 40's and do it without making any modifications? I mean, just slap 'em on there!

Also, I'm running drum brakes and need to switch over to a power disk brake setup so I'm wondering if the wheel/tire combination is going to have any effect on what type of brake setup I go with. Any suggestions?

Sorry, but I was afraid to depend on any Camaro advice, because I'm just still not sure what's interchangeable between the two cars. Thanks!

Steve1968LS2
02-24-2005, 10:51 AM
It's not height of the rim.. its the width of it and the tire. You could run 20's if they were skinny enough.

Changing from drum to disk could reposition the wheel a little. I would be best to do the brakes and then the wheels/tires.

Your 68 bird is basicly a 68 camaro with different body panels.. the suspension, brakes and all should be the same. I am not a pontiac expert so I am sure one of those will chime in.

Roadrage David
02-24-2005, 11:30 AM
My question is this... does anyone know if I can fit a 17 or 18 with 40's and do it without making any modifications? I mean, just slap 'em on there!

Also, I'm running drum brakes and need to switch over to a power disk brake setup so I'm wondering if the wheel/tire combination is going to have any effect on what type of brake setup I go with. Any suggestions?

Sorry, but I was afraid to depend on any Camaro advice, because I'm just still not sure what's interchangeable between the two cars. Thanks!Hi there may i congratulate you on your whize chooice getting a 68 bird, chek out prodject update page 2 prodject "full metal jaket" im in a major 68 bird prodject, hit me up if you need to know anything ..