PDA

View Full Version : Moog spirngs to lower a V8 Gbody 1.25" or so?

jdpolzin
10-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey guys, just wondering what Moog springs you guys are using to lower your V8 GBodies? I'm normally a V6 GBody car and have found the 5658 fronts work well for about a 1.25" drop. Just curious for the V8 guys. My next car is a twin turbo V8 Regal being built on a junkyard or close to it type of budget. Wht are you guys using? I have the AFX package on my GN nd I am very familiar about the aftermarket springs. I'm really just looking for a MOOG or other "Parts store" brand of springs tht will lower the car. Thanks guys! -----Jeremy

Turbo Rob
10-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Hey guys, just wondering what Moog springs you guys are using to lower your V8 GBodies? I'm normally a V6 GBody car and have found the 5658 fronts work well for about a 1.25" drop. Just curious for the V8 guys. My next car is a twin turbo V8 Regal being built on a junkyard or close to it type of budget. Wht are you guys using? I have the AFX package on my GN nd I am very familiar about the aftermarket springs. I'm really just looking for a MOOG or other "Parts store" brand of springs tht will lower the car. Thanks guys! -----Jeremy

How many Regals do you have?

Tony_SS
10-14-2008, 07:32 AM
I'd say use the same springs.. I don't think you'll see more than a 1.5" drop with the TT V8.

jackfrost
10-14-2008, 10:05 AM
here's a couple resources:

http://jeffd.50megs.com/Moog_Spring_Page.htm
http://www.monte-list.nu/tech/springs.shtml

Marcus SC&C
10-15-2008, 06:55 AM
I`ve talked to you about it before I think but Moog and other parts store springs have really gone down hill in recent years. They`re just not quality pieces,ride height is all over the patch,god only knows what the spring rates actually are. IMO save a couple bucks somewhere else and get good springs. Mark SC&C

HWYSTR
10-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Diddo what Mark says, the generic springs are junk. I can't tell you how many posts I've seen on other boards where people are complaining about ride height and other problems.

Global West, AFCO, and Hypercoil would be my suggestions, or someone who uses them and re-packages.

Stay far away from MOOG, Detroit, and parts store stuff. Don't buy into the whole 'from blueprint specs' thing either, it's bogus. I have even seen quality, rate, and ride height vary with, dare I say, Hotchkis.

Tony_SS
10-15-2008, 11:48 AM
I've had great luck with OPG drop springs. I'm running their 3" drop springs on the front of both my cars and 2" drops in the rears. They don't list the rates, but judging by SOTP compared to Eibachs, they seem similar. Their advertised drops have been accurate in both cases for me. Not sure who or where they're made.

rq375
10-17-2008, 05:49 AM
I used TRW 5664s on my monte a few years ago, cut them about 1/2 coil to get the ride height I wanted, they sagged another inch within 6 months. After two years it was on the bump stops...