PDA

View Full Version : Fesler Built HID 5" & 7" Headlight Kits Shipping now

Fesler built
10-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Well we have them ready to ship now. If you are looking to do a HID conversion in your Hot Rod, Muscle Car, Pro Touring car or any car we have the HID kit for it.

We have

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/10/Img0175-1.jpg

5-inch DOT lights with White Halogen bulb

Upgrade to

Blue Halogen Bulb
HID Kit

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/10/Img0179-1.jpg

7-inch DOT lights with White Halogen bulb

Upgrad to

Blue Halogen Bulb
HID kit

Also HID kit for your everyday driving car so you can see better at night.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/10/Img0100-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/10/Img0104-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/09/Img0001-1.jpg

1badchevelle
10-11-2008, 09:20 PM
how much for 71 chevelle set up?

Magntik
10-12-2008, 04:59 AM
I'm guessing the 5" will fit my '67 Firebird?

How much?

madcarson
10-12-2008, 10:39 AM
how much for 69 Camaro ? 7" correct?

Gordz32
10-12-2008, 12:38 PM
whats the price for a 7" HID kit

jerome
10-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Are these reflector headlights designed for halogens, but with a HID bulb and ballast?

If so, these are not the right way to get HID lighting.

1969CamaroRS
10-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Redoing my electrical system. Interested in your everyday driver 7" HID conversion kit (4300k) for a 69 Camaro. What would the pricing run? (checked your site don't see it). Any issues with the 7" lights and a DSE electric motor RS kit?

Thanks!

BMF Machine
10-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Dayum Chris;

You guys are smok'n on the new products! Killer stuff, I love the Billet lenses ya'll work'd up, now this??? Nice WorK!

WTRacing
10-12-2008, 08:14 PM
do the kits come in different ratings?

as in

10k etc etc etc...

and also can you get/sell bulbs only?

thanks

LMDGUY
10-13-2008, 05:42 AM
pricing?

BLUE72CAMARO
10-14-2008, 09:57 AM
What kind of money are we looking at for 7" HID???

Tiger
10-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Chris,

please PM me the pricing for a 1968 Chevelle setup, should be 4x 5".
And yeah, how much would shipping be to Italy.

thank you!

CliffS
10-17-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm guessing the 5" will fit my '67 Firebird?

How much?

If not mistaken the bird has 5 3/4" lights

Magntik
10-18-2008, 04:47 AM
If not mistaken the bird has 5 3/4" lights

Just my luck.

tomspo04
10-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Is someone going to post some prices?

Flash68
10-19-2008, 01:44 AM
Is someone going to post some prices?

Word.

Fesler built
10-19-2008, 03:25 AM
Please be paitent guys we are working on everything for SEMA and just trying to stay a float. I will get the pricing up here in the next few days we are finishing pricing and catalog up today and Monday.

69LT1Nova
10-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Alright, it's been a few days. Price? :poke:

I'm also looking at those FocuzTech HIDs. Hope your price is comprable.

FULMNTE
10-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Alright, it's been a few days. Price? :poke:

I'm also looking at those FocuzTech HIDs. Hope your price is comprable.

I think the price is now on their website store at www.feslerbuilt.com

Twentyover
10-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Open Question raised by Jerome. If you're listening, Jerome, what do you believe is the correct way to get HID's? Why do you believe this is correct?

And Fesler, is the bulb and ballast how yout setup works?

I'm a moron on HID's, want to learn about them

69LT1Nova
10-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Sweet, the Fesler kit is $50 cheaper. And I'm with Twentyover, I have no clue on HIDs.

JustinB
10-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Might be a really stupid question but will these project a white light. I love the idea of the HID lights but dont want the look of the rice burners with bright blue head lights.

dipren443
10-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Might be a really stupid question but will these project a white light. I love the idea of the HID lights but dont want the look of the rice burners with bright blue head lights.

The color temperature generally dictates how the bulb looks to the human eye. So do not be worried. Just use the right color temperature to get your desired bulb color... The color temperature is listed in Kelvins, i.e., 6000K, 6200K...

Lots of info here:

http://faqlight.carpassion.info/hl-hid-bulbs.htm

dipren443
10-22-2008, 08:06 PM
I have a concern about these kits guys. You are installing HID bulbs into a Halogen housing without modifying it? Isn't this a bad idea generally??? That housing is designed as a reflector for a halogen bulb. This will usually result in spray and scatter of the beam. Whereas HID's, not counting these conversion kits, are normally in the form of a projector housing. The projector housing itself dictates the beam pattern, not a reflector...????

Wouldn't it be preferred to install an HID projector into a empty bucket without reflector??

Please feel free to correct me if I am way off base...

Just went back and noticed Jerome asked the same question.

I know you guys are busy with SEMA, but it would be nice to get some clarification on this when you guys get some time.

jerome
10-22-2008, 10:18 PM
dipren pretty much summed it up...Putting an HID bulb in a halogen reflector housing gives an uneven, unaimed beam with hotspots and no upper cutoff. This is dangerous for on-road use. The correct way to do this is to install a HID projector in a housing.

I'm not gonna post links to existing product that retrofit projectors into sealed-beam style housings since this is fesler's thread, but a quick search on google shows models that start around $600 for a pair.

A cheaper way to do this is to buy a halogen conversion for sealed-beams (such as the ones advertised in this thread), and install an OEM projector. This requires lots of fabrication and skill. That is why companies charge so much for "real" HID's in old-style housings.

In reference to the below copy/paste, I'm not questioning the quality of Fesler's ballasts or bulbs...purely educational. The issue here is that they are being used in reflector housings.

taken from hidplanet.com:

HID kits are illegal in the USA because of DOT says so. Period.

Good or bad, we start from there.

Standard 108 says that you can not put a HID bulb in an headlight which was meant for a halogen housing. One reflector is made for a thin strip of tungsten, and the other an arc tube which is round. The modern free form reflector/projector is designed to a tight enough standard that even if the arc tube is in the exact same spot as filament bulb, there will be stray light, hot spots etc... That is their reasoning, and we do not debate that because they make the laws.

What this means for you is that HID Kits are a black market. DOT will shut down any US importer of HID kits large enough to be worth the effort. They have ruled repeatedly that "off road" or "show only" kits are still illegal, you MUST have a valid "on road" use in order to legally import a product for US vehicles.

What ends up happening is you have literally thousands of different manufacturers producing kits for a limited time, changing names, brands products etc... may be the same company, may not be, but that limits your recourse if the kit goes bad etc... typically 6 months is the limit you will see a new brand on the market.

The challenge that these small manufacturers have are 2 fold, and will explain why a lot of people do not reccomend them.

1) Electrical ballast

2) HID bulb

1) Electrical

The HID ballast is a counterpart to the bulb, and must match it's electrical requirements exactly to the mixture of gas/salt in the bulb. The requirement is to turn 12volts DC into both an explosive charge at 24,000 volts momentarily, and then match the steady state 85 volts AC that the 35 watt capsules require to stay lit. This requires high frequency switching transistors, and makes a lot of heat and is very taxing. Smaller manufacturers may skimp on components inside the ballast, may not have water proof enclosures, or simply have a bad design which doesn't last.

HID kits range in quality from OEM standards (good), to not even working properly out of the box (bad). The most common problems seen are flickering, high pitched whine, or overheat and cutting off.

2) Bulb

HID bulbs are a variation on metal halide bulbs which are commonly used in warehouses etc... They have a mixture of xenon, mercury, and other "metal halide" elements. The manufacturers must make a cocktail of salts/gases which will last a long time, produce a uniform color over their life spam (called color shift), and ideally produce a good color spectrum.

All HID bulbs shift to blue, and become dimmer as they age, this becomes exacerbated by smaller companies with no one to monitor their quality. You the consumer 1 year down the road have 0 recourse with them. Where as OEM consumers like car manufacturers can sue and/or not do business with them if they are having a lot of problems over the life of the bulbs which they have a warranty to keep.

Typical problems with after market HID kit bulbs include uneven brightness and color shifting of bulbs resulting in mismatched headlights. Not to mention bulbs failing at different times.

Here is a picture of a 5000k 400w HID bulb where you can clearly see the salt mixture

69LT1Nova
10-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Question for FESLER - are your headlight buckets optically tuned for the HID bulb, or are they a halogen retrofit?

If they are indeed tuned, this is a SCREAMIN' deal. :twothumbs

AutoXR
11-06-2008, 07:18 AM
HID's need a projector, you can't just swap HID bulbs into a halogen housing , it messes up the light pattern.

light dispersion.

Otto-813
11-25-2008, 08:18 AM
Well I wish the DOT would enforce their law. Too many people have these things in the wrong housings........

streetk14
12-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Just looking to see if Fesler is going to step up and answer the questions people asked concerning the headlight's compatibility with HID bulbs. Are these headlights designed for use with HIDs or not?

Andy

AJSZR2326
12-29-2008, 01:39 PM
are those low beam only?

zman1969
03-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Just looking to see if Fesler is going to step up and answer the questions people asked concerning the headlight's compatibility with HID bulbs. Are these headlights designed for use with HIDs or not?

Andy
seems like nothing but crickets in here........ bet you'd be replied if you were ready with cash in hand.

1badchevelle
03-30-2009, 10:23 AM
x2^

I was blow off at the grand nationals bit ago. I guess my $$ is not that green.

streetk14
03-30-2009, 04:38 PM
I guess that means that I won't be buying ANY products from these guys.

Fesler built
03-30-2009, 07:38 PM

Andy

We sell this as a Halogen bulb with a HID upgrade and it works fine. If you want a full HID set up you will pay around $800+++ for it.

Fesler built
03-30-2009, 07:39 PM
HID's need a projector, you can't just swap HID bulbs into a halogen housing , it messes up the light pattern.

light dispersion.

The light pattern is just fine and they are very bright and straight.

Fesler built
03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
x2^

I was blow off at the grand nationals bit ago. I guess my $$ is not that green.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, what is your question and what were you looking for. We are not here to just take your money.

Fesler built
03-30-2009, 07:41 PM
I guess that means that I won't be buying ANY products from these guys.

What were you looking for?

Fesler built
03-30-2009, 07:42 PM
are those low beam only?

Yes just single beem and very bright if you want a dual HID they are over $1000

1badchevelle
03-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, what is your question and what were you looking for. We are not here to just take your money.

I will have to pass, I am going else were.

streetk14
03-31-2009, 08:04 PM
What were you looking for?

I was looking for the answer about the light pattern that was finally responded to above.

I don't mind spending the money ($800+) to have a properly designed Bi-xenon setup that is comparable in light output and pattern to what is in my '08 M3. I don't, however, want a HID bulb in a housing that isn't designed for it that results blinding oncoming traffic but little else positive. I would love for someone to make a 7" HID projector headlight for these early cars. I don't expect them to be cheap, but I do expect them to be well engineered.

I guess the question for you would be this: how do the HID bulbs compare to a standard H4/H7 bulb in your same housing (as far as brightness, pattern and visibility)?

stang97
03-31-2009, 08:43 PM
we got HIDS, but i dont know who makes them. They are awesome.

Check it out.

http://vimeo.com/2491038

DarkoNova
04-01-2009, 07:26 PM
we got HIDS, but i dont know who makes them. They are awesome.

Check it out.

http://vimeo.com/2491038

Pictures of the light pattern and spread would be more useful than what the car looks like head on.

Matt

ragtopdodge
04-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Maybe they'll work w/these???

http://www.kingsource.com/lhp7r.html