PDA

View Full Version : Ls7

B Schein
02-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Does any one know if GM plans to relase a crate version of this motor. If so When and how much? I just read the popular hotroding artical on them and it seems as thougth the production numbers will be low because they are being hand assembaled unlike there counter parts which have been put together on big assembly lines.

Brian

Steve Mac
02-23-2005, 03:01 PM
I would think so, they make the C5-R engine.

Kenova
04-03-2005, 06:00 PM
I found a part number for the LS7 crate motor. I can't be sure that it's valid, it doesn't show up on Scoggin Dickey's web sight. :hmm: . The article it was in doesn't say much other than the usual press release blather, so the engine may be slightly different.
The part number is 17802397 and is supposed to be available sometime in August. Maybe someone else will have better luck at verifying the number.
Ken

parsonsj
04-03-2005, 07:23 PM
The GMPP people I talked with said nothing would be available until the late fall. Which I took to mean next spring.

Scoggin Dickey is probably building one based on aftermaket parts, like an Eagle crank and rods. They got a lot of LS2 blocks early, so maybe they're gonna get some early LS7 blocks early and build aftermaket 427s. Sounds like a kickass engine to me.

jp