PDA

View Full Version : Street Thunder Magazine

trapin
02-23-2005, 11:45 AM
How many people signed up and have already received their copies? I signed up about 3 weeks ago and nothing yet.

Darkclaw13
02-23-2005, 12:12 PM
I signed up weeks ago and I still haven't gotten mine yet either.

BADVELLE
02-23-2005, 12:43 PM
Me neither, but of course received the bill. I feel like this :slap: and this :wedgie:. I guess I should just stop the :crying:!

trapin
02-23-2005, 03:02 PM
I'm not complaining or anything, I was just curious. I haven't received a bill. They're probably just printing off additional copies to meet the requests that came in this month.

C4Bird
02-23-2005, 03:04 PM
I paid my dues last week and just got another bill this week? Anyone else have this happen?
-Nate

Bill Howell
02-23-2005, 03:33 PM
I paid my dues last week and just got another bill this week? Anyone else have this happen?
-Nate

I got the same thing today. I had sent the check in on the 15 so I just noted that on the bill(ck# and date sent) and returned with my free mitt coupon and give away registration. Looking forward to the mag. Hey, I am now a card carrying offical member #79000470.

trapin
02-24-2005, 05:29 AM
Well....I got home yesterday and there was a bill in my mail box. Still no trial issue.

I'm going to wait for the trial issue before I send them any money. This luxury was afforded to a few members on this site already and I expect to be extended the same. If it never comes...then I guess it's just Popular Hotrodding for me. I'm not paying for a subscription to a magazine that I haven't seen yet.

.....yeah I know, I used 'member' and 'extend' in the same sentence. Save your jokes. :squint:

BADVELLE
02-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Rec'ed my first issue last week, look good. :bananna2: I have not had the time to go through the entire copy, but seems like it will be a pretty good mag to add to my monthly collection! I did rec another bill, not sure what it is for, I already sent in my check when I rec'ed the first bill.

Rick Dorion
02-28-2005, 09:20 AM
I got another bill but am ignoring it. These things take time. A new mag subscription can take months and it seems as though this first issue is arriving more quickly.

Bill Howell
03-01-2005, 06:59 AM
My copy came in the mail this morning. With today's snow I guess I will sit by the fire and enjoy it. I have read in this thread that some are concerned about their copy coming and when. Just FYI, I subscribed to this after I subscribed to PHR and I have gotten this one first. Both have been in the last month or so, so I have no problem with PHR. I am just saying these people seem to be on the ball and from what I see just thumbing thru it, it looks like it will be a great read. There seems to be a nice selection of different stuff.
Anyway, for all you doubting Thomas's out there, they are on the way!
Bill

hotrodgary
03-01-2005, 07:22 AM
I sent my payment in, and 2 days later got another bill?!

It took about 3 weeks and I recieved my first issue.

Still NO free wash mit yet....argghhh =)

trapin
03-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Bill...I'm not being a nay-sayer, I just want my 'trial issue' before I send them any money. We were supposed to get a 'trail' issue when we filled out our information on the website. Several people on this website were afforded a 'trail' issue before being sent a bill and that's all I'm asking is that I be extended the same courtesy. This is essentially what we all signed up for (or what we were told, anyway). I want to see the magazine first before I hand them any money. I only subscribed to Popular Hotrodding because I was able to pick up a copy at the news stand and flip through it before handing any money over to the cashier. I've been sent a bill already...but no trial issue. If it never comes then.....oh well. I'll just continue to give my money to Popular Hotrodding and Camaro Performers.

It 'sounds' like it's a great magazine. But I need to see it first.

Bill Howell
03-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Tony,
If you do not get one in a few days, let me know. I will send you mine. It is not a P-T only mag, but it has articles all over the board that really interest me. A very cool article about a 66 charger that I swear was at Turkey Rod Run in Daytona in November.It is well worth the $2 it cost ($12/ 6issues), even if I do not get my wash mit :bananna2:

Scott Parkhurst
03-02-2005, 07:28 AM
If any of you guys have more questions about recieving your first issue, let me know and I'll follow up on it from this end. As was said- The wheels are turning and you should be recieving them very soon if you haven't already.

PM me !

S~

Bill Howell
03-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Just FYI, I subscribed to this after I subscribed to PHR and I have gotten this one first. Both have been in the last month or so, so I have no problem with PHR.
Bill
First issue of PHR came today. Between this forum and these two magazines I may have to retire :icon996: Work seems to be interfering with my addiction.

trapin
03-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Scott...I'll give it another week, thanks for dropping in here.

Bill....I might take you up on that offer if it never shows.

FSTFBDY
03-03-2005, 05:47 AM
Give it some time. mine about 3weeks after i signed up. I got my bill befor the trial issue also. But I did get my trial issue befor I sent my $12bucks in.

I'm sure they are getting SWAMPED with new members so processing might take a little longer then people expect.

I can't wait to start getting other issues. GREAT MAG SO FAR!

a Big THANKS TO Scott Parkhurst for putting this together for all of us to be part of.

sunkistcamaro
03-03-2005, 09:34 AM
I just got mine yesterday!!
Even though I haven't read the whole thing, it looks like a great mag.
Im going to sent my payment tonight

trapin
03-04-2005, 05:41 AM
Scott....It showed up yesterday. Nice magazine. Check is in the mail.

slck6t9
03-04-2005, 07:32 AM
Got mine yesterday. Haven't had the chance to read it yet but from what I see thumbing throught I'm going to like it. Now all I need to know is when is the web-site for members going to be up so I can sign up to be a Garage Tester?

Scott

Bill Howell
03-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Scott....It showed up yesterday. Nice magazine. Check is in the mail.
:icon996: I thought you would like it!

796spdbu
03-04-2005, 10:31 AM
:hail: where did you guys get the subscription form from? Hey didnt scott work at phr and hows connie,I love wagons too!!!!

Bill Howell
03-04-2005, 10:45 AM
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4153

This is where we first learned about it. Everything you need to know is there. :icon996:

BTW Thanks Rich for hooking us all up!

hotrodgary
03-04-2005, 12:32 PM
I got a subscription in the mail for it.

homerneedspeed
03-04-2005, 11:08 PM
i did not really like it, it seemed too street rod based for me. mabey i will look at it on the newsstand in the future and i will like it better

Rick Dorion
03-05-2005, 04:14 AM
Mine just arrived. Interesting mix that I'll give a shot with. I hope to hear more about Connie and more detail on the small block builds Scott did that got, in my opinion, not enough coverage in PHR. Need more details!

Matt
03-07-2005, 11:20 PM
I read it cover to cover on the plane today. I enjoyed it immensely, great start man. Soon as I get situated, and figure out where I'll be living, (been a helluva crazy month) I'll send ya some dough.

69HuggrrrPT
03-08-2005, 06:38 AM
I signed up the day of the very first post. Received my bill and membership card maybe two weeks ago but still no mag. Anyone else still waiting?

Dean

Scott Parkhurst
03-09-2005, 11:02 AM
The website will be up and running by March 15th I'm told. The mag will keep evolving to a higher state as I keep doing it. It will always have a broad spectrum of cars and tech subjects.

It will never be on the news stand so don't bother looking for it there. We don't want any "casual" readers, as we'd rather focus on the Members and give the harder-core group the benefits we've worked so hard to create.

Dean-
The mailings of the new mag go out every other week, so if you got something two weeks agoi you can expect a mag very soon. If this doesn't happen, let me know. It's obvious lots of other guys have recieved their first issue and the system does work, so if you don't get it soon PM me and I'll chase it down for ya.

Connie is here with me of course, and she's getting better all the time. It's cool being the Editor because you can actually get things done on your car instead of being assigned to cover other people's cars or magazine-owned "project cars". Expect Connie to begin kicking major ass this summer as I dial in the new goodies and learn to drive her again. Going from a 275-horse 327/automatic to a 545-horse 383/6-speed might take some getting used to...Luckily I'm willing to put forth the effort.

SP~!

bnoon
03-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Going from a 275-horse 327/automatic to a 545-horse 383/6-speed might take some getting used to...Luckily I'm willing to put forth the effort.

SP~!

Naaaaa, it doesn't take getting used to going that direction. Gas pedal is still on the right and makes the car go. You don't even have to go to the gym to work out the clutch leg with today's hydro throw out units... It's going the other way that takes some getting used to... going from my old 420 cu. in. small block '70 'vette with 510hp/500TQ to the rear wheels, down to an '86 Trans Am with 190hp/280TQ at the rear wheels on a mikd 305 TPI...

'70 vette initial drive went as such... "VARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM, bluh, VAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM, bluh, VAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooM... 110 MPH in the end of 3rd gear that came all to quickly... about 10 seconds of tire smoke, some pitch/yaw adjustments (heheh) and some white knuckle fury, while being "easy" on the new clutch. I got used to it in a day and a half and thought a nitrous system would be a good addition. Got a second set of new tires about a week later, third set came two months after that... 255/60/15's were just not enough. Who knew?!?!?! :drive:

'86 TA went like this... "VVvvarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuum mmmmmmmmm.... huh, something must be broke, it can't be THIS slow can it??? Huh..., I guess it did run 0-60 in 6 seconds.... that seems sooooooooo slowwwww"

Bill Howell
03-14-2005, 11:45 AM
That's right, I got my second issue in the mail today. :icon996:
Between this scrip and my new PHR scrip I have gotten 4 new magazines in three weeks. If this keeps up, I am going to have to speed up my reading habits :rotfl:

FSTFBDY
03-27-2005, 07:14 PM
Ive got my 2 on time so far. THUMBS up.

I also got a 2nd Bill for subcription fee even thought I already paid.

Steve1968LS2
03-27-2005, 08:45 PM
i did not really like it, it seemed too street rod based for me. mabey i will look at it on the newsstand in the future and i will like it better

It's not on the newstand.. it is subscription only, like a VERY nice newsletter :)

Street Rods are cool too.. :icon996:

Variety = the spice of life...

Richz68
03-28-2005, 08:20 PM
Hey guys...... I got my second issue maybe two weeks back!!! I love the fresh approach and you have to try to remember that this is OUR publication.... it is a club newsletter and showcase of what we are doing and want to know more about.

Scott..... again this is a GREAT idea man! KUDOS.:icon996:

Scott Parkhurst
03-29-2005, 09:57 AM
Thanks guys and expect more of the same. It's not a PT-specific title and never will be, but obviously modified muscle is a big part of it and there will be solid coverage to that end. If you like other cool cars, they're in there too...along with some nostalgia, good tech, and a general feel for what's happening on the street for fans of domestic modified machinery. I know many here have interests outside the realm of PT, and there's plenty of guys into traditional hot rods who are totally digging the g-machine movement too. My mag will best reflect what's hot on the streets across the country for the fan of the American rear-drive modified car, and will include cars from the '20s to the present in many different styles (customs, drag cars, and more in addition to PT cars).

It's not PHR and is not meant to be. My enthusiasm stretches pretty far, and my tech experience is fairly broad. You'll see all of it in this mag.

SP~!

Steve Chryssos
03-29-2005, 12:49 PM
So-Umm. Tell me again how I go about getting a subscription to Street Thunder?

zbugger
03-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Scott, I got two issues, and I love them. I've learned to appreciate all sorts of build styles, and this is a great setup. There's lots of stuff you can interchange between build styles too, and this will just be another opportunity for new ideas. Thanks a bunch.

Steve, you gotta put on the nice lipstick and kneepads for yours....

Bill Howell
03-29-2005, 02:33 PM
So-Umm. Tell me again how I go about getting a subscription to Street Thunder?
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4153

Scott Parkhurst
03-30-2005, 10:15 AM
Steevo- You just have to call me. People who have seen me completely stupid drunk get free issues as blackmail payment.

..oh, wait..that'd be WAY too many folks...

...but at least most of them would be females of questionable morals. Hmm...

www.streetmachineclub.com to sign up.

S~

Nine Ball
03-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Great magazine. I enjoy the wide range of hot rods involved in it. I've signed up and have already received two issues now.

Tony

ViperBlue68
03-30-2005, 01:44 PM
I got my first 2 copies on time ...and I'd like to see more non rod type cars as well but thats why I subscribe to so many different mags as well...variety cant be too bad right?

Scott Parkhurst
03-30-2005, 08:22 PM
No- Variety is never bad. What if one of you PT enthusiasts reads Street Thunder and suddenly get's an inspiration to build a killer track-style "T" actually built for the track?

THAT would be really cool....

S~