PDA

View Full Version : Pleasanton in 24 days

TonyHuntimer
02-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Okay guys,

Who's going to make it to Pleasanton on March 19th and 20th?

http://www.good-guys.com/events/event_detail.asp?eventID=GETTOG05

For those of you close to being done... GET OFF YER' BUTTS AND GET YER' CARS DONE!!!

I hope I'm not the only one there. :)

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

dennis68
02-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Yeah, we'll be there.

MrQuick
02-23-2005, 07:48 AM
Hi Tony, wait your car is done? cool, here's what we were thinking of doing.
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4526&page=1
Are you set up for a display in the show? I ws just planning on getting a large patch of lawn in the car corral? Not sure how many PT cars will show???? Let us know.

TwinSting
02-23-2005, 08:20 AM
I am hopeing to have the Vette finished in time. As long as it is done I will be there!

Camaro_Kyle
02-23-2005, 09:45 AM
I am going for sure. Twinsting, if you are going with the vette let me know. I have got to see that thing! It looks awesome. :worship:

TonyHuntimer
03-03-2005, 07:37 AM
For those of you who don't know...

Kyle Tucker and Detroit Speed & Engineering will be at the event in Pleasanton! :)

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

4FTTY4
03-03-2005, 11:44 AM
Sweet! I won't have a car there, but I will come and drool over everyone elses!

MrQuick
03-04-2005, 01:17 AM
What Oh Crap Theres Goes My Cash!!! Wooosh

Camaro_Kyle
03-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Hey Tony do you know if DSE is going to have a booth, or bring cars? Or both? Wow, this show sounds like it going to be sweet.
Kyle

Blown353
03-04-2005, 07:24 PM
I might be free... if so, I'll be there. Parking inside would be cool. Good excuse to take the old altamont highway in and blast through the twisties. :drive:

Troy

jonny51
03-04-2005, 07:47 PM
I'll be there.

TonyHuntimer
03-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Kyle will have a DSE booth. As far as I know, there won't be any DSE project cars... only his 69 Camaro shell display car with mini tubs and all the rest of his parts. It's a rolling display car.

I just thought the rest of you guys may want to know he was coming to California. I'm sure people will keep him busy talking all weekend. :)

See you there,
Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

dennis68
03-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Well Pleasanton is getting close and the excitement is in the air. I had the rare experience today to work on one of the fine specimens that promise to make an appearance. He says it still needs to go down to Huntington Beach to get it’s “custom, one-off lowering kit” and he is having his own design wheels made for a partly sum of 470/ea (I didn’t say anything but it sounded awfully cheap to me).

This car is so bad ass it only needs the whopping 150HP to accelerate it to near warp speed at blinding rates. He went so far as to place “NO V-8” stickers on the rear hatch.

Be warned though, with the 3 foot florescent tube drop light zip tied to the front facia, night driving for this bad boy is no problem. He also added some purple neon tubes, again zip tied to the under carriage. The non functional running boards that sit all of 4” off the ground come in handy, especially when you have to step over them to enter and exit the cabin which is a work of art in itself. So much to see whether it be the flamed gear shift handle or the neon aluminum entry plates in the sill. Speaking of lighting, I really liked the LED’s in the tailpipes that flash at increasing frequency as the power mill revs through its powerband.

Moving to the engine we get a glimpse of what could only be described as engineering genius, who else but a master would go through the trouble to install a chromed strut tower brace with no other suspension of mods of any kind? After looking past that master piece you can see the big HP boost added with that massive K&N CAI, picking up its charge from right next to the exhaust manifold. I’m sure it helps tremendously.

Yes, this year is already looking good as I can’t wait to openly express what a pile of crap this thing is and how it has no place in a Goodguys car show hopefully while the owner is in earshot. Who the hell enters a 2001 PT Cruiser in a Goodguys Hot Rod show, especially a daily driver version with a handful of Kragen bolt-ons??? Get ready Allen, I think the Corvette with the cup holder has a new challenger.

zbugger
03-05-2005, 12:47 AM
I sure hope my local Ford Focus alien spaceship doesn't show up. I die laughing every time I see it. Apparently the owner of the car we are gonna be seeing is in for a surprise when we get to it. Oh, the sad sad state these "car guys" are in.... One thing though. Did it have the LED washer nozzles? I saw one the other night with them, and they were hooked up to his turn signals. I'm guessing it was so the driver could make sure they were really blinking outside the car.