PDA

View Full Version : Where to put rear speakers in 69 convertible

steve g
10-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Any suggestions on where to put rear speakers in a 69 Firebird convertible? I've seen some in the panels below the armrest ashtrays and also some in the upper panel below the top mechanism. I'm not crazy about either. Has anyone installed subs in the metal seat back? What about an enclosure in the trunk below the well liner?

wblanton
11-08-2008, 05:36 AM
I have 6.5" speakers mounted in the side panels in the rear. Talk to Frank at Prodigy they built the pieces to mount them looks great and doesnt affect anything with the top or take up room in the back. Go to project updates "Prodigy Customs presents Back in Black" to see pics. The front door panels also look awesome and have 6.5" JL Audio speakers.

vicious69
11-21-2008, 07:41 PM
I mounted a pair of 6x9's to the back seat frame. I have houndstooth interior so the sounds comes thru pretty good. Not the best place but a great one if you don't want to see them. I also mounted some 4x6's under the dash so you can't see them either. The cd player is in the glove compartment, can't see that either. :smoke:

halfast
11-22-2008, 02:16 PM
See photos at
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/journal.php?action=view&journalid=8958&page=1&reverse=1