PDA

View Full Version : 67 Camaro Mini Tub Options?

XLexusTech
09-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi. I am getting my new floor next week (Tanks BelAir Bob)! and the next Item on the list is the Mini Tubs. My goal it to use a 315 and I want the car Low as possiable.

Questions am I limited in how low I can go with the DSE tubs?
Is thier another maunfiaturer that would get me past tha tlimitation?

Thanks for any help

nicks67camaro
09-27-2008, 01:30 PM
The mini tub is limited by your outer wheel house (oem) the mini tub (like dse) you get the width you need. If your outer wheel house is bad you can try to manipulate them to give you extra drop (it will be a good deal more work. Just remember your pinion snubber will limit your axle and the floor after that. Hope this helps.

XLexusTech
09-27-2008, 03:56 PM
The mini tub is limited by your outer wheel house (oem) the mini tub (like dse) you get the width you need. If your outer wheel house is bad you can try to manipulate them to give you extra drop (it will be a good deal more work. Just remember your pinion snubber will limit your axle and the floor after that. Hope this helps.

Are you aying with an OE outer wheel house (mine are OE and clean) I will be limited in how low I can go? Low is more important to me then a 315 big ole tire. I am going aftermarket on the rear so narrowing it is an option for me.

class67
09-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Don't forget your pinion angle! that will cause you headaches as well once you achieve your low, low, low stance.

Why not use Air Ride if you really want to be low?

nicks67camaro
09-28-2008, 05:28 AM
Yes the oem outer wheel and the DSE mini tub meet like a clam shell and that is your limiting factor. If you can get the OEM outter wheel house to sit higher (to allow more drop) the DSE tub will meet at the same level. (you may have to add inserts to the tub to cover any gaps (covered in the DSE install notes). What rear suspension set up are you running? I'm using the G-bar and it sits low..... If you are hard bend on getting tires way under the car adn want to modify the oem outter wheel house then here are the problems spots

1. YOu will need to modify the entire outter wheel house where the quarter meet.
2. you will need to modify the inside where the floor, rear seat and truck/deck lid support meet.
3. May have to get creative where the wheel house and the lower rocker meet.

I may be missing things but those are the ones that come off the top of my head.

It will come down to your comfort level with this type of work. but it can be done. Hope this helps

XLexusTech
09-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Yes the oem outer wheel and the DSE mini tub meet like a clam shell and that is your limiting factor. If you can get the OEM outter wheel house to sit higher (to allow more drop) the DSE tub will meet at the same level. (you may have to add inserts to the tub to cover any gaps (covered in the DSE install notes). What rear suspension set up are you running? I'm using the G-bar and it sits low..... If you are hard bend on getting tires way under the car adn want to modify the oem outter wheel house then here are the problems spots

I plan on using the Gbar as well any Pics of you car? what size tire are you using?

ProdigyCustoms
09-28-2008, 06:58 AM
The tub is not your limiting factor. You will bottom the suspension (no matter what suspension) before you bottom the wheel well.

Both these cas have standard outer wheelhouses and basic mini tubs, I can put Project EmptyNest almost on the ground with a Prodigy Bar and Air Ride but ride height is shown in the picture below.

If Project Prodigy had Air Ride, it would go down almost to the ground also. The tubs would not stop that.

Both cars have raised rear floors raising the supension in the car which allows rthem to ride so low

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

XLexusTech
09-28-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks Frank I would love to get my car to sit like The Prodigy 67.
Pardon my ignorance what do you mean by raised floor? Since I am putting mine in soon is thier somthing I shoud do (weld in in Higher?)
Or are you refering to the exahust mod you did for empty nest?

Thanks