PDA

View Full Version : Newbee La.

grumpy44
09-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Names Dwayne, but yall can call me Grumpy, everyone else does. Anyway, I'm in Stonewall La. just south of Shreveport. just thought I'd introduce myself. I have a 1993 Dakota right now I'm working on. I'll put a pic up of the truck though even though I'm not quite done with it. Still waiting on paint.
The color pic was when I first got it back in 97, had only 42k miles on it. But the deer I hit kind of did a number on it so its back to square 1. Alot of very nice autos on here. wish had the means of getting something going myself, would like to get what I had back in highschool, a 69 Sportsroof Mustang. Had some good times in that car. First car was a 60 Pontiac Starcheif, nice body style wouldn't mond having it back and the second car was a 67 Bonniville 389 4 barrel, bad car there, even if it was a family car. Had quite a few cars I wish I had now, but most of us wish that. Later

grumpy44
09-28-2008, 03:58 PM
guess everyone knows me. no replys.

Tyson A
09-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Man I know exactly how you feel this place is hit and miss on responses sometimes. Welcome to the boards their are some really great people on this board with a ton of knowledge so enjoy and go Saints!!!!!!!!

Tucks69
09-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the site Grumpy. This place can get addicting!!
Mike

BayouSS
09-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Hey Grumpy,

I'm in Houma,La., not too far away. As you, I am in the process of rebuilding/modifying my truck... 1990 Chevy 454SS in which I'm installing a new 572 crate engine, t-400 with U.S. Gear Overdrive. I was going Pro Street with it but after hanging around here I'm trying to go towards the Pro Touring concept that these guys have started, at least as much as I can with a truck.
I went to Pigeon Forge a few weeks ago for the clubs RTTH IV and have to admit that these guys are first class in the way they have get togethers and run this forum. Stick around you'll like the site plus the knowledge that exits on here.

Bill

twosaturns
09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Hey Grumpy,

I'm in Houma,La., not too far away.
you south Louisiana guys really do love your trucks! my in laws are in Vacherie, and my wife used to live in Cutoff, way down the bayou. seemed everyone down there has a P/U w/ running boards on it, pulling a boat, of course.

BayouSS
09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
If you live here you better have something with a little freeboard.

Cutoff is only about 35 minutes from me.

Ralph LoGrasso
09-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Welcome to the site, Grumpy.

grumpy44
09-29-2008, 06:58 PM
thanks guys, some day I'd like to get together with u guys if theres anything ever close to here, Money seems to be a problem at this time in our life and can't afford what we want, OK, what I want. I keep trying to get another engine and it keeps getting sold before I get it completed. sucks. But some day Ill make it. By that time I may just set this thing up and get me something else and do it up as I see fit. Maybe a 408 with a supercharger. Like everyone else I love the feel of pure power under me. been a long time sense I had something like that. well, I did have a 04 Mustang GT but it was OK. I want something that will scare the u know what out of u. later guys

SaturnVUEguy
10-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Welcome aboard! What have you done with the truck so far?

I'm like you and can't afford what I want, hell, I can't even afford what I already have, and I don't even have a project car