PDA

View Full Version : posi or LSD?

69camarokid
09-22-2008, 11:29 PM
so i have til the end of the month to use my 20% off a purchase at classic industries and im looking into some kind of two wheel system... being peg legged sucks!

they offer two systems.

a high performance LSD by auburn gear. better than OEM,

or

the Lock right differential, positive locking differential

i have no idea which way to go... or as to why?
any ideas or comments?

ITLBTU
09-23-2008, 09:01 AM
I think the Auburn Gear is the way to go if you're set up for pro-touring. It uses gears and applies power to the wheel with the most traction. The posi unit uses clutches and doesn't free up when cornering like the Auburn will.

69camarokid
09-24-2008, 11:31 AM
ok, so at this point my 20% at classic wopnt work on the LSD or the posi.... so im now not limited to one of the other.

so id like anyone that has a good differential system to let me know what kind you have and how you like it.... or any youve heard of that are pretty good.
its for a 69 camaro with an 8.2" 10 bolt.... i just need something for daily driving adn the occassional track event or drag race so i cant stop going peg legged and having no traction in first and second

thanks guys!

Lowend
09-24-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't love Detroit Locker's in general... they SLAM power from one side to the other. Not very stable in corners and makes a lot of noise.

The Eaton Limited Slip units are good, I've used Auburn gear but it seemed a little fragile (but than again you won't find someone harder on a car than me).
The best for street cars is Torsen