PDA

View Full Version : LS6 in a 68 firbird?

j_man1100
02-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Hey All

You'll have to forgive my ignorance here as I am both young and new to the protouring thing. Anyway, I've been looking for a 68 firebird shell to build upon and in my search found a killer price for an LS6. My question now is: Any problems with putting an LS6 in the bird? Are there any wiring harnesses availible? Is this any more difficult than an LS1 swap? Anybody out there done this before?

Thanks
Jordan

andrewb70
02-21-2005, 06:32 PM
There are a few issues to deal with. First is the oil pan. The "winged" C5 pan will not work. Look to Street and Performnace for a modified F-body pan. The second issue is the throttle body. The C5s used a drive by wire throttle body. YOu might want to swap to an F-body cable actuated throttle body to make it simple. There are many places that can modify a factory harness, http://www.lt1350.com is one such place. There are also other companies that will sell you a brand new harness. I am sure that I am missing a bunch of other stuff, but someone else will chime in.

Andrew

Nine Ball
03-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Not too many people on this site have performed LS1 swaps themselves, most of them have paid others to perform the swaps. If you visit the "Conversions & Hybrids" forum over on www.LS1TECH.com and use the search feature, you will find just about every answer to any of your questions regarding LS1/LS6 swaps.

Or, you can email me for more specific things.

Tony