PDA

View Full Version : wtf mate soft edelbrock springs ?

recklessnova
09-15-2008, 07:39 PM
ok so i have a 66 chevelle with a big block iron heads nothing special 4 speed car manual brakes and steering
anyways i just put the edelbrock springs for it and i was sure to get the big block springs. these are the softest springs i have ever came across i am running 550lb front springs on my nova im not sure what the spring rate of the edle's but wow not to happy has anyone had this problem?? i have been thinking about switching to some kyb shocks as thats what im running on my other car and i like that
any help would be great
josh

Marcus SC&C
09-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Edelbrock front springs range from about 535-550lb/in. What shocks are you running now. It sounds like they`re too soft. FWIW in my experience KYB shocks are among the worst on the market. If you like those you`ll really like a set of good shocks. Mark SC&C

recklessnova
09-17-2008, 05:19 PM
humm that is weird i am running 550s on the fornt ofmy nova from speedway motors and the kybs there stiff but i like it that way (no dirty comments please) ha i guess it could be the monrow shocks i have never used them since hs all i know is they dont feel any stiffer then stock
josh