PDA

View Full Version : Which disc brake hard lines?

2yellow69
09-15-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm ready to order new brake lines but I'm unsure which ones to get.
The car is a '69 Camaro. I have already mocked up the C5 booster, proportioning valve, and master. The car has a C5 front disc setup and LS1 rear discs but none of it has ever had lines going to them. My question is this; Do I order the hardlines for a '69 with power 4 wheel discs or order new 4 wheel manual drum lines like the car originaly had? I used the Speedtech brackets to mount them originally but now I have ATS tall spindles. In Speedtech's directions I didn't see anything mentioned about changing the hard lines to disc style lines. They did include all of the part numbers to buy the correct pieces for the original drum lines. Either way the cost is about the same.

Thanks,
Matt

MrQuick
09-15-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi Matt,

I usully get the lines for a disc/drum rear set up. The only real differences that matter are the flex lines since you are going to have to start scratch from the master to booster.

The rears will get an s bend and use the LS1 Camaro flex lines.

2yellow69
09-15-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the reply,
What do you think about using the JL8 rear axle lines? They should be shorter to allow for the flexible lines, shouldn't they? I've never seen any in person. This would also eliminate me having to make 2 flares. I would only have to weld 2 brackets for the area they meet the flexible lines. You wouldn't happen to know where to get those brackets or what their correct name is?

Thanks again,
Matt

Chevy
09-15-2008, 07:07 PM
I ordered stainless steel lines from classic industries for 4 wheel discs. Then i just hooked them up the prop valve supplied by Baer. I had to fab one line near the master cylinder (don't remember which one).
Good luck!

MrQuick
09-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the reply,
What do you think about using the JL8 rear axle lines? They should be shorter to allow for the flexible lines, shouldn't they? I've never seen any in person. This would also eliminate me having to make 2 flares. I would only have to weld 2 brackets for the area they meet the flexible lines. You wouldn't happen to know where to get those brackets or what their correct name is?

Thanks again,
Matt If I remember correctly, the JL8's did not use a rubber flex line, just a long "s" then right to the caliper. "Chevy" can you comfirm that?

The brackets you can make or buy from the kit from Speedway.

this is a shorter line right from the mid flex too hose.....
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25961&d=1221542051

Vince